Digital Software Engineer Lead
As a member of the Digital Technologies Group, the Software Engineer is responsible for designing, developing and maintaining legacy and "Cloud First" applications written primarily in C# and focused on .Net Core and Azure cloud platform. The group is continuously working to improve our Agile, Engineering, and DevOps practices and this role will be expected to actively participate in these efforts. At its core, this role requires excellent problem solving skills and C#/.Net coding capability. Candidate will need to effectively communicate, collaborate, and influence engineering and business team members across many projects and departmental boundaries. Additionally, candidate should not be afraid to get their hands dirty working incident responses, writing code, configuring applications, troubleshooting issues, digging into logs, looking at metrics, etc. Candidate will be a key member of successful independent teams that solve problems in an efficient and timely manner.
- Provides programming expertise and business analysis skills within an assigned business area, usually as a member of a project team, in analyzing, designing, modifying, and developing business applications.
- Prepares programming specifications from which programs will be written, and designs, codes, tests, debugs, and documents programs.
- Prepares programming documentation and recommends changes in development, maintenance and application standards.
- Analyzes and develops logical database designs, data models and relational data definitions across multiple computing environments (e.g., host based, distributed systems, client server, etc.)
- Complies with architectural standards and established methodologies and practices.
- This position plans, conducts and coordinates applications activities in such areas as finance, marketing, credit, etc.
- Conducts and prepares feasibility studies for new applications or revisions to existing systems.
- Prepares application development cost estimates, budgets, and schedules. Prepares and presents project proposals to management and colleague departments.
- Establishes programming standards and program documentation requirements.
- Reviews current status of applications and prepares recommendations for improvements.
- Monitors design processes and prepares reports on systems projects.
- Instructs, directs, and checks the work of other team members.
- Plans work for others to meet project deadlines; sets priorities to accommodate needs of users.
- Frequently interacts with subordinate team leaders, outside customers and functional peer groups at management levels.
- Applies strong leadership skills that can energize work teams to respond to business needs.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills; ability to communicate and persuade at all management levels.
- Minimum 10 years' experience as a business or data/programmer analyst required.
- Minimum 10 years' experience with industry standard tools and languages (i.e. Visual Studio, Power BI, C#, ASP.NET, Web Services, Cloud Development, etc.) required.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in business application design and development.
Job Skills and Knowledge
- Strong domain expertise in cloud application development (Azure Preferred)
- IaaS, PaaS, Serverless, API Management
- Container orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes, DockerEE)
- DevOps / continuous integration technologies (e.g. Bamboo, Jenkins, Azure for DevOps, Chef, Terraform)
- Web application server technologies
- Monitoring Technologies (native cloud monitoring and 3rd party monitoring tools such as Dynatrace, Moogsoft, Splunk, and others)
- Experience with Middleware, Web Servers, Proxies, Firewalls
- Expertise with databases and data modeling / design (SQL & NoSQL)
- Extensive experience in creating engineering and architecture related documentation and other artifacts in support of large scale development efforts
- Cloud and distributed application design, software architecture and practices
- Hands-on expertise implementing and using DevOps and CICD techniques and technologies
- Experience using integrated development environments targeting Linux, Windows, public clouds required
- Breadth of technical experience, and technical aptitude to learn and adjust to new technologies and cloud trends required
- Familiarity with other SaaS Cloud solutions (e.g. Salesforce, Office 365)
- Security principles -- encryption, authentication, authorization, integrity, auditing, pen testing etc. -- and how these are applied in a cloud
- Be a player/coach on Agile delivery teams focused on building (or rebuilding) complex and performant applications using cloud technologies
- Extensive experience designing, implementing and managing critical production systems, especially in the cloud, including a strong awareness of customer-driven priorities is essential
- Apply technical knowledge and insights to architect solutions in order to meet business and IT needs, ensuring technical viability of new projects and successful deployments, orchestrating key resources and infusing key application development and devops technologies (e.g. containers, serverless, cloud native, Java/node.js, DevOps and OSS tools) into Digital Technologies Group
- Drive long-term cloud adoption by helping CNB to architect and develop cloud native systems, leading teams to make the appropriate technical choices and infusing high quality coding practices
- Create architecture artifacts and documentation as required for projects
Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top