Digital Product Analyst Lead
all projects. He/she is a key member of the team for the duration of the project and is accountable for consulting with stakeholders to understand project goals and objectives, processes, and requirements. The PAL collaborates with other members of the delivery team to collect, clarify, and translate business requirements into user stories and conceptual designs, from which applications and solutions are developed. This person needs to have a solid understanding of existing processes and systems. This person will also serve as the Product Owner when needed. This person will also assist with the overall strategy and competitive analysis as needed. He/She also will lead a team of product analysts within the organization. This person will ensure that processes and procedures across the various teams are consistent and represent best practices.
- Determine product and system needs and objectives and consult with stakeholders regarding problems with current business applications or systems, enhancements, or new functionality.
- Facilitates story gathering sessions, including leading discussions.
Prepare and maintain product backlog for maintenance/enhancements and present recommendations to management.
- Creates test scripts
- Provides clarification of stories to other project team members to assist them in the creation of their specific project deliverables (e.g., assists the QA team in the creation of the Testing Strategy and Testing Execution Plan for UAT)
- Conduct user testing on current systems, new systems and future maintenance. Verifies the appearance of the testing output to ensure it meets the requirements.
- Collaborate with Digital Channels, BATS, Legal and Compliance, Product Management and others to create and implement correct operational and business documentation as they relate to the product or system application.
- Manage a team of other Product Analysts (including hiring, performance management, etc).
- Minimum 10 years of related experience as an analyst supporting medium to large size projects
- Minimum 5 years of supervisory experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience in banking/financial services industry
Job Skills and Knowledge:
- Familiarity with various system development methodologies ; specifically Agile and Scrum
- Has the ability to balance role responsibilities and work load appropriately
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work with business and technology stakeholders
- Ability to disseminate both business and technical content to a wide variety of stakeholders
- Has the ability to motivate and lead team members
- Bachelor's degree (preferably in an IT related field of study)
- Research and Competitive Analysis
- Prepare and/to review project documentation such as, Proof of Concept (POC), Project Requests, Request for
- Proposal (RFP), Statement of Work(SOW),Operational Readiness, etc.
- Create and maintain user stories and Product Backlog.
- Knowledge of testing strategies, test plans, test execution.
- Manual smoke testing of application development and product enhancements
- Define business logic and product life cycles
- Ability to multi task between multiple projects and duties
- Ability to collect requirements and translate them into stories using a variety of methods (one-on-one, group, JAD sessions, etc.)
- Ability to interact with functional and technical counterparts to ensure that the application will meet requirement specifications
- Thorough understanding of "business needs analysis" process and how requirements relate to daily business operations
- Excellent project management methodologies and procedures
- Excellent communication skills
- Assist in the sprint planning and review, backlog grooming and retrospectives, as needed
- Demonstrates excellent writing and documentation skills
- Create instructional and training manuals
- Conduct training for small to large size groups
- Possesses solid problem-solving and analytical skills
- Provide UAT test scripts and set up test scenarios and credentialsCommunicates easily with varying stakeholders
- Be proactive and highly motivated; demonstrate the ability and desire to work independently and confidently, yet also as part of a team
- Strong time management skills and the ability to self-motivate
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Jira and other Atlassian tools
- Snag It
*Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top