Digital & Innovation Product Manager
City National Bank is in the midst of a digital transformation, and looking for leaders to help deliver this change. The Manager, Digital & Innovation Products role is a highly visible leadership position responsible for the management of digital product managers and product analysts within the Digital Channels & Innovation team. The purview of this role includes product managers and analysts leading CNB's online and mobile digital properties. The position will work closely with the Head of Digital Channels & Innovation to define the overall digital strategy, and ensure it is aligned with the overall corporate strategy.
This position will manage day to day operations of the online service platforms (e.g., online banking, bill payment, and transfers), mobile service platforms, online sales platforms (e.g., online applications), their functionality and defect prioritization. The Manager will also be the overall business lead for project efforts, working closely with the Head of Digital Channels.
The ideal candidate should be well versed in the ever changing digital environment (both financial and non-financial). The incumbent is responsible for understanding the shifts in consumer behavior with regards to financial institutions and technology capabilities and trends. As noted, this will be a highly visible position in the organization, and stakeholder management is a critical component of the job.
This role requires a deep and practiced understanding of Agile methodologies, including Scrum and Kanban. The ideal candidate will have experience managing multiple enterprise-wide initiatives, and the teams to support. Previous experience with enterprise delivery of mobile app initiatives and authenticated websites is needed.
- This position will work cross-functionally with key business partners including division executives, Technology, Client Services, Marketing and Product to support client, product and service goals.
- Oversee the digital strategy and roadmap, in partnership with the Head of Digital Channels. This role will be required to manage feature prioritization, delivery, and ensure business and client goals are being achieved.
- Manage existing projects within Digital Channels to ensure proper resource allocation and focus. Prepare and manage budget for area.
- Formulate Digital Channel's operational plan to achieve business goals, foster innovation, prioritize work, and align resources and budgets.
- Establish and document best practices, security and privacy standards, key performance indicators, and other relevant processes and measurements for the online channel. Consistent implementation of Agile delivery process and team tracking will be required. Close partnership with digital delivery, UX and digital design, and engineering teams is also required.
- Build and manage a high performing product management team. Hire and manage contract resources or agencies for specific projects or to augment team staffing. Provide regular and meaningful performance feedback, create ongoing training and development plan, maintain a fun and creative work environment and implement clear and concise goals. Identify and address performance issues in conjunction with HR Business Partner as needed.
- Participate in and contribute to annual Technology Capital Planning, Annual MAPS expense planning and Marketing/Digital roadmap planning.
- Build and maintain relationships with key subject matter experts and leaders throughout the organization.
- Ensure compliance with all Bank policies and procedures and applicable regulations.
- BA or BS degree
- Minimum 10 years of experience in Digital Product Management
- Minimum 8 years of experience in Banking or Financial services
- Minimum 8 years of experience managing employees and teams
Skills and Knowledge:
- MBA preferred
- Must have knowledge of vendor management, product management, and finance.
- Must have knowledge of RFP processes.
- Must have knowledge of financial regulations (e-consent, Reg E, Reg Z, etc.)
- Knowledge of Roadmaps, Scorecards and web analytics.
- Experience in digital delivery best practices
- Must have experience with digital payments systems.
- Must have skills in TFS, Adobe and Google Analytics, Trusteer, SharePoint, Salesforce, PowerPoint, Keynote, and Roadmunk.
- Must have the ability to build and successfully manage a dynamic and diverse team of high performers.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to communicate up and down across the organization.
- Display above average interpersonal skills and have the ability to build and maintain relationships.
*Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Meet Some of City National Bank's Employees
Alma B.SVP, National Head of Trust & Estate Services
Alma handles a variety of responsibilities, including creating marketing plans, crafting national strategies on trust services for clients and colleagues, and managing compliant relationships with regulatory agencies.
Back to top