DevOps Engineer II
- Oakland, CA
DEVOPS ENGINEER II
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
The DevOps Engineer plays a key role in City national Bank's DevOps transformation. As a part for the DevOps Center of Excellence team, the DevOps Engineer will focus on the following:• Drive cultural change• Encourages collaboration between Dev, Sec & Ops• Automate IT processes, standardize DevOps tool chain• Collect metrics across Dev, Sec & Ops• Incubate, release and support DevOps projects• Integrate toolsets to best support DevOps and continuous deploymentThe DevOps Engineer must have rich and diverse technical background, is creative (intellectually curious), and passionate about automation / DevOps and eager to learn emerging technologies and trends. The DevOps Engineer is also responsible for documenting the standards, processes and procedures as well as improving process efficiency. The typical day includes working with Development, InfoSec, Operations and Business teams to design, implement and support enterprise level pipeline as a service (PaaS) offerings. These PaaS offerings will be designed to include Continuous Integration, Delivery, Testing, and Monitoring. The position also includes the creation, implementation and enforcement of policies and procedures, automation tools, source control, TFS policy, deployment orchestration and process standardization. Though the DevOps Engineer is not directly responsible for production support however he/she will provide level-3 support to troubleshoot pipeline related issues.
Technology and Innovation Division
As a member of City National's Technology & Innovation group, you will drive, develop, and maintain solutions for clients and colleagues. This is an exciting time of technology advancement and innovation across the bank, particularly within our technology teams.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Implement Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery and automation efforts for City National Bank.
- Provide support for other employees working to implement and foster a DevOps culture.
- Participate in medium to large scale DevOps driven team projects.
- Enforce policies, standards and procedures for best practices within City National Bank.
- Continually evaluate build and deployment procedures for opportunities to optimize, streamline and automate.
- Develop and test new functionality, with general supervision regarding methodology and approach.
- Create and maintain DevOps technical documentation.
- Create custom reports to show automation usage and savings.
- Support and continuously improve DevOps processes and procedures.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Associate's Degree Computer Science or in a related technical field or equivalent experience
- Minimum 1 year working in a DevOps related role
- Minimum 6 months of programming or scripting
Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to prioritize competing demands and manage multiple concurrent tasks is required.
- Understand a situation by breaking it apart into smaller pieces, and/or tracing the implications of a situation in a step-by-step causal way.
- Learn and follow City National Bank's Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Including a strong ability to create positive and professional business relationships with partner teams across the organization.
- Strong commitment to working as a team and providing excellent customer service.
- Desired - TFS or VSTS experience in one of the following areas:Administration, Build and Release
- One or more scripting languages: CMD, Groovy, Java Script, Python, PowerShell.
- Desired - One or more of these programming languages: C#, Perl, or Java.
- Desired - Continuous Integration & Delivery tools, such as: TFS, Bamboo and Jenkins.
- Desired - Database: Microsoft SQL Server
- Desired - Automated and continuous build tools, such as: MSBuild, Maven, or NAnt
- Desired - Configuration Management tools, such as: Chef, System Center, Puppet, Ansible, or Salt.
To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law .
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish.City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top