The DevOps Engineer will be responsible for managing complex code builds and supervising day-to-day code integration activities for a team of developers spanning multiple applications, environments and locations. The candidate will be responsible for assisting senior level Engineers in developing and maintaining portions of the integration and release processes within the ecommerce team. Responsible for a number of multidisciplinary projects at any one time (particularly at senior levels), with the objective being to manage the change process by ensuring the achievement of projects to time, cost and specification.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in development operations, systems administration and/or operations.
- Minimum 1 year experience with application development within a Sharepoint (2010 and above) environment.
Job Skills and Knowledge:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar discipline preferred.
- 2+ years in Release Engineering role preferred
- TFS branching/Merging experience is necessary. QA Experience will be a big plus.
- General understanding and experience with Agile software development methodologies.
- Experience with working with rapid, overlapping product release cycles.
- Excellent customer service attitude, communication skills (written and verbal), and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working in cross-functional, multi-location teams a plus.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to any given situation.
- Understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management
- Ability to work under pressure and in high stress situations with a calm demeanor.
- Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends in support of deployments.
- Experience with building and Deploying MS based applications.
- NET experience is a must.
- Understanding of complex system architecture within a multi-tier environment.
- Understanding of common software development strategies including .NET, MVC and MVVM.
- Experience with isolating build/deployment issues versus code issues a plus.
- Source Code branching and merging strategy.
- Source control tool experience (Visual SourceSafe) a plus.
- SQL experience a must.
- Hands on knowledge programming in HTML and XML
- Experience in doing QA is a plus.
- Experience working with and administration of web server technologies (IIS) is a plus.
- Internet / E-Commerce application development experience is a plus.
- Build and deploy software applications to various environments (Development, QA, Staging).
- Create opportunities to automate and enhance CM tools, environments, processes and procedures.
- Control product releases and monitor changes required for auditing and reporting throughout the product lifecycle.
- Branch, merge, and manage source code in source control system as needed.
- Troubleshoot build and deploy issues and work with the development team(s) to resolve.
- Coordinate release activities with Project Management, QA, Release Management and Web Development teams to ensure a smooth and trouble-free roll out of releases.
- Manage, deploy and support multiple concurrent releases through various test environments.
- Manage and maintain multiple test environments, ensuring that these environments are properly setup, configured, and available for each project as scheduled.
- Trace complex build problems release issues and environment issues in a multi-component environment.
- Develop, maintain and enhance key parts of the release procedures and processes.
- Responsible for maintaining environment configuration, controls, code integrity, code conflict resolution, and will work closely with PM's, software development & QA teams to review code for compatibility issues, resolve issues as they arise and implement deployment processes.
- Assist to create, maintain and support extensive build and test environments (Development/QA/Staging).
- Assist to create, publish and manage formal release notification, instructions, deployment notes and launch plans as needed.
- Support and enhance build and release processes through automation using a combination of processes, existing tools and enhancements.
Represents the basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer -- Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.
Note: The Preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top