Data Steward, Lead
This position is accountable to establish and provide oversight for the processes and protocols needed within an assigned line of business (LOBs) to execute and support all data governance requirements to align the business with the objectives of RBC's Data Governance Approach.
This position is responsible to build a focus on data governance within the business and integrate a user-friendly operating model into existing data management tools and process flows. This includes defining data oversight roles and responsibilities tied to existing working groups and automated workflows. The incumbent will be the business liaison between the corporate CCAR team and the business Quality Assurance Managers (QAM's).
Primary responsibilities include: Building a successful data governance team among the line managers to develop an understanding of the key controls to data integrity and a desire to integrate data linage into all processes. Define and incorporate manual intervention points throughout all processes to ensure data integrity at the beginning, middle and completion of each activity rather than later through a quality control function. Establish a Risk Control and Self-Assessment (RCSA) model to monitor adherence to data quality and ownership and trend reporting for issue management. Look for solutions to make it easy to fix problems to enable effective issue resolution. Provide oversight and guidance to the LOB Data Steward Analyst(s). Work with the Data Steward Analyst(s) to facilitate attestation for the LOB 14M and 14Q reporting. Accountable to the LOB department head for the quality, timeliness and problem-resolution of all CCAR related activities and attestation.
- Minimum 7 years of project management experience
- Minimum 7 years of financial reporting experience, preferably in lending, regulatory reporting in a data management environment required
- Minimum 2 years of Microsoft Excel experience required (with knowledge of vlook-up, iferrors, pivot tables, macros)
Skills and Knowledge:
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Prefer 5-7 years of banking experience, preferably in lending, credit or regulatory reporting
- Strong understanding and background of the FR Y-14M and FR Y-14Q CCAR reporting preferred
- Experience with CCAR reporting and/or credit risk analytics preferred.
- Experience working and effectively collaborating with reporting, operations and technology teams.
- Familiarity with operational and support environment issues.
- Must be driven, operationally savvy, action-oriented who continually strives for improvement
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to communicate effectively including problem resolution skills
- Ability to work independently with light to moderate supervision in various areas of responsibility
- Technical Competencies:
- Understanding and background of CCAR reporting
- Background and experience with credit risk
- Strong excel skills
- Familiarity with operational and support environment issues
- Behavioral Competencies:
- Organizational awareness
- Independent thinker
- Effective communication
Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Meet Some of City National Bank's Employees
Senior VP, Team Leader, Entertainment Division
Stephanie set the standard for providing outstanding financial service to nearly 50% of Broadway productions, as she and her team work behind the scenes to allow clients to focus on what they do best—creating spectacular productions.
Back to top