- Los Angeles, CA
DATA ANALYST HEIGHTENED STANDARDS
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
The individual will provide support in operational and regulatory compliance testing and reporting programs. The Data Analyst is responsible for playing a critical role in the execution of the Bank's operational and regulatory compliance programs, reporting on testing results, and performing validation.Primary responsibilities include: data validation (ensuring data input is equal to the output), data profiling; understanding of data lineage and data process flow; review and development of internal edit check reports, and maintaining other data quality monitoring processes in partnership with the Data Management Officers (DMOs), , including validation of the quality of source loan data provided for reporting; ownership of the quality of specific data elements (including pre- and post-booking reviews of loan approval and boarding documents); review, research and resolve edit check failures within established reporting timeframes in conjunction with the appropriate areas of the Bank; executing effective controls to ensure responsibility and accountability for all business data across the reports for which the line of business is responsible. Write, maintain and update reference material to ensure consistence and compliance.
Private Banking Division
As a member of City National's Private Banking group, you will help deliver tailored financial solutions to high- and ultra-high-net-worth families, select professional services firms and select nonprofits. Exceptional, customized service and integrated solutions and strategies, investment management, trust and wealth planning set this team apart.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Create testing/validation plans and conduct reviews of various business functions (i.e., Deposit Operations, Consumer Lending, Commercial Real Estate, Loan Servicing, Mortgages, etc.) to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Ensure testing complies with the program testing requirements and procedures.
- Ensure all testing plans are completed as planned.
- Evaluate methods, processes, procedures and risks and ascertain significant compliance and control issues, making recommendations when needed.
- Analyze findings and perform root cause analysis, distinguishing between various levels of compliance risk.
- Draft compliance reports, including details of identified significant findings.
- Prepare and support corrective action plans with business lines and validate implementation. Identify and assist in resolving compliance and control issues.
- Research and collaborate with all departments to understand procedures and process flows to be able to convert them into formalized procedural documents.
- Write, maintain and update reference material to ensure consistence and compliance
- Interact with business line managers and other staff functions as appropriate.
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge of operational and regulatory reporting requirements.
- Adheres to compliance procedures and internal/operational risk controls in accordance with any and all applicable regulatory standards, requirements, and policies.
- Comply fully with all Bank Compliance policies and procedures as well as all regulatory requirements (e.g. Bank Secrecy Act, Know Your Client, Community Reinvestment Act, Fair Lending Practices, Code of Conduct, etc.).
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Minimum of 3 years of combined experience with compliance and/or audit experience with a focus on testing.
- Minimum 3 years of experience with developing and performing testing
- Minimum 3 years of experience using Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
Skills and Knowledge
- College degree preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with regulations impacting consumer banking and/or business unit functions preferred.
- Strong experience in developing and performing testing.
- Demonstrated strong and sound decision making abilities about compliance risks and recommended corrective action.
- Ability to work well in a time-sensitive environment and handle a variety of matters or projects simultaneously.
- Proficiency in analyzing diverse business functions and processes to identify key risks and demonstrated success with implementing control improvement recommendations.
- Ability to interact with federal regulatory agencies.
- Proficiency of Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint., Visio preferred
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with all levels of an organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in multi-tasking and prioritizing projects.
- Excellent time management skills and be accustomed to working with deadlines.
To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top