Credit Officer I - Entertainment Banking
The Entertainment Banking - Credit Officer I participates in the loan management process by providing credit and loan underwriting expertise to a team of Private Bankers. Analyzes prospective loan transactions and credit worthiness of borrowers. Validates the credit analysis prepared by the Credit Analysts and provides opinions and recommendations regarding proposed credit and potential risks. Ensures all due diligence and background evaluation is complete and thorough before credit approval is granted.
- Review loan application and financial information; evaluate and determine credit structure and terms; fully underwrite CRR consistent with Bank format, policies and procedures; determine sources and uses of funds; analyzes industry data, competitive factors, historical performance, projected results, risks, and mitigating factors. Ensure CRR contains a well-supported recommendation or decision; the risk rating is correct and supported; and the data and analytics used to support the decision are accurate and calculated correctly.
- Attend client meetings at PB, Sales Manager, or Credit Manager's request to facilitate delivery of credit product and/or assist in problem resolution. Contact borrowers directly, for additional information and details related to loan request or clarification of financial materials and resources.
- Provide balanced and appropriate credit guidance to PB and Sales Manager and collaborate in determining appropriate credit strategy.
- Provide credit alternatives and creative ways to structure credits ensuring that transactions are within profitability and portfolio risk standards. Author credit approval memorandum.
- Provide input to the PB and Sales Manager when loan pricing does not appear to reflect inherent risk in subject transaction. Pricing may be either too high or too low. Restructure loans and/or lines of credit as required. Assumes accountability for minimizing Bank losses.
- Perform periodic financial reviews of client's financial condition including monitoring covenants and conditions. Take a proactive approach toward resolution. Escalate potential credit issues to New Business Credit Team Leader and/or Credit Manager.
- Have primary role in early problem loan identification and the timely and accurate changes in loan grades. Monitor and take initiative to respond to past dues based on information provided by the PCA.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on all Bank lending policies and regulations. Confer with the Credit Manager and appropriate Bank personnel regarding new/existing lending requirements and regulations.
- May coordinate loan documentation including work with legal, CLC, or other outside counsel to obtain the correct, accurate documents to ensure all loan are documented to fully protect the Bank's interests in the credit relationship. Review collateral periodically to minimize credit exposure.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 3 years of credit underwriting experience required.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a banking or financial services environment required
- Underwriting small to medium sized commercial loans of moderate scope and complexity; analyzes financial statements, cash flow analysis, familiarity with various industries, collateral issues and values, loan structuring and guarantor personal financial statements and tax returns.
- Loan size may vary from $1million to $5 million.
- Frequent use and application of commercial credit policies and procedures.
- Excellent credit analysis and accounting skills.
- Strong ability to communicate skillfully and effectively in both verbal/written forms.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to assume responsibility and accountability for decision making.
- Ability to work well independently and in teams and effectively with all levels of Bank personnel and outside contacts.
- Works with the Credit Team Leader in structuring creative deals and determining alternative approaches.
Represents the basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
City National Bank is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer -- Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.
Note: The Preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top