Credit Analyst II - Specialty Banking
- Walnut Creek, CA
This position will sit within City National Bank's Food & Beverage Group ("F&B") within the Specialty Banking division. F&B originates, closes and monitors direct and private-equity-backed transactions nationally by providing cash flow, asset-backed, and asset-based loans >$25.0 million to support companies that operate in the food and beverage sector. This role is within F&B's Credit function, whose primary mandate is to underwrite new transactions and manage existing exposure. At this level, employees are developing credit analysis skills, acquiring fundamental principles of corporate finance, learning bank policies and practices, and becoming familiar with relevant banking laws and regulations.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or related field
- Minimum 3 years of credit analysis experience required.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a banking or financial services environment required.
- Support due diligence efforts, including analyzing confidential information memoranda, lender presentations, complex raw data and financial statements provided by private equity firms, investment banks and/or prospective borrowers.
- Run dynamic 3-statement financial models with 2-3 sensitization cases and detailed, supporting assumptions.
- Facilitate the preparation of approval documents, including specific qualitative and quantitative content around the company, industry and transaction.
- Spread historical financial statements and analyze and explain the pertinent trends/drivers.
- Liaise with Loan Administration to satisfy pertinent compliance-related requirements pertaining to entities, owners and/or management.
- Gain exposure to external constituents (e.g. legal counsel, appraisers, field examiners, accounting firms, etc.) as well as all aspects of the new deal process (e.g. indicative term sheet, proposal letter, due diligence, lender meetings, commitment letter, credit agreement, loan closing, etc.)
- Prepare approval documents for amendments, consents, and waivers, including clearly articulating the background, request, and rationale.
- Shadow legal documentation.
- Spread historical financial statements, reconcile compliance certificates, and identify abnormalities for follow-up.
- Prepare quarterly trend cards and annual reviews, each focused on exposure levels, risk ratings, financial trends, and post-close modifications for each portfolio account.
- Satisfy ongoing Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review deliverables for each portfolio account.
- Communicate with the Agent, private equity firms and/or management from time-to-time as portfolio-related deliverables dictate.
Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
City National Bank is a Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top