Credit Analyst I Specialty Banking
This is an entry-level position responsible for assisting Credit Officers under direct supervision by providing basic analytical support relating to due diligence, document processing, and financial/statistical analyses related to transactions, credit approval and ongoing monitoring of closed transactions. Enters financial statements and related information to financial spreadsheets software programs for analysis. Analyzes all financial data related to new and renewal loan requests. Provides information to Credit Officers and offers opinions concerning client's credit worthiness. Prepares summary credit approval reports/memos documenting credit analysis and supporting information for credit decision recommendations. At this level, entry positions are still developing credit analysis skills, and acquiring knowledge of basic principles of cash flow lending, as well as appropriate banking laws, regulations and bank policies and practices.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or Business
- Minimum 1 year of credit or financial analysis experience required
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a banking or financial services environment required
Skills and Knowledge:
- Good verbal and written communication skills to present clear and precise recommendations based upon analysis for action on loans
- 1 year previous experience in Healthcare Lending preferred
- Strong analytical, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Working knowledge of accounting and financial statement analysis
- Basic knowledge of banking policies and procedures
- Internship in credit and/or financial analysis preferred
- Experience may also be acquired through up to two years of directly related experience that may include time spent in a formal credit-training program.
- Will be expected to continue course work through CNB Credit Boot Camp if needed
Represents the basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer -- Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.
Note: The Preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top