Credit Analyst I
The Credit Analyst assists the Commercial Banking Team with the recommendations for new credit and extensions of credit through research, analysis, and coordination of accurate documentation.
This is an entry-level position responsible for assisting the Commercial Banking Team under direct supervision by providing basic analytical support relating to due diligence, document processing, and financial/statistical analyses related to transactions, credit approval and ongoing monitoring of closed transactions. Enters financial statements and related information to financial spreadsheets software programs for analysis. Analyzes all financial data related to new and renewal commercial or real estate loan requests. Performs simple spreads. Provides information to Relationship Manager and offers some opinions concerning client's credit worthiness. Prepares summary and/or credit approval reports documenting credit analysis and supporting information for credit decision recommendations. At this level, entry positions are still developing credit analysis skills, and acquiring knowledge of basic principles of commercial and real estate, as well as appropriate banking laws, regulations and bank policies and practices.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Minimum 1 year of credit analysis or equivalent financial analysis experience required.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a banking or financial services environment required.
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with all levels of an organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in multi-tasking and prioritizing projects.
- Excellent time management skills and be accustomed to working with deadlines.
Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top