Corporate Security Systems Consultant
- Los Angeles, CA
CORP SECURITY SYS CONSLT
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
The Security Systems Consultant is a member of the Corporate Security Engineering, Design and Business Systems Team. The Security Systems Consultant interfaces with project managers, departments, users, and vendors to design, modify and implement Physical Security Technology (e.g. physical access controls, video surveillance, alarms, networked security devices, satellite tracking systems) and mechanical controls throughout the organization to meet regulatory requirements, comply with industry, national, regional and international standards in the protection of City National Bank's assets.
Legal and Corporate Administration Group
Make a meaningful difference as a member of City National's Legal & Corporate Administration Group, the area of the bank that manages legal and corporate governance, community reinvestment, corporate premises and corporate security.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Design systems, engage vendors, procure equipment and work closely with the Security Technology Engineer and Security Systems Operation Center in validating proper implementation of security controls.
- Work with the Security Technology Team to develop standards and policies regarding the Physical Security Technology.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in Physical Security Project Management
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in capital improvement programs and familiarity with relevant codes and standards in the financial industry
- Minimum of 3 years' experience managing multiple Physical Security Technology projects with differing complexities and size
Skills and Knowledge
- Security Professional Development Certification desired: Certified Protection Professional (CPP) -- Physical Security Professional (PSP) -- Certified Security Project Manager (CSPM)
- Detailed involvement of all parts of the project life cycle, to include planning, engineering, design and closeout in regard to Security
- Bachelor in Science Degree (may be substituted for recent and relevant experience)
- Must be able to periodically travel
- Strong experience in consulting in regards to low voltage security systems and integrated security technology
- Familiarity with IT and InfoSec controls in regards to Physical Security Technology Systems
- Strong familiarity of network resources and protocols in regards to Physical Security Technology Systems
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of colleagues, vendors and law enforcement
- Familiarity with an Asset Management program
- Strong experience in cost management, determine budgets, obtain approvals, initiate bid process, control and close costs.
- Strong time, resource and task management skills
- Strong Physical Security foundation in the mechanical protection of assets (e.g., doors, locks, barriers, safes, vaults, cash containers)
- Strong Security Technology foundation in the integrated electrical/mechanical protection of assets (e.g., physical access control systems, alarms)
- Strong knowledge of Video Surveillance Systems
- Experience in the integration of electronic physical security technology systems within construction environments
- Strong knowledge of Risk Evaluations and determining proper controls to protect assets
- Strong knowledge of Architectural processes and ability to read and communicate regarding architectural drawings in respect to Security Requirements
- Strong knowledge of the RFI and Submittal process of a construction project life cycle
- Detailed involvement of all parts of the project life cycle, to include planning, design and closeout in regards to Security
- Familiar with regulatory and compliance requirements in the protection of financial institution assets
- Familiar with industry, national, regional and international standards in the protection of a financial institution assets
- Familiarity with developing project schedules in software such as MS Project
- Familiarity with developing technical architectural diagrams in software such as MS Visio, PowerPoint or CAD software (AutoCAD)
- Familiarity with the development of processes and workflows to support security projects
- Strong skills in managing vendor relationships
To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish.City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top