Consumer Credit Officer II
- Los Angeles, CA
CREDIT OFFICER II CONSUMER
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
This position is responsible for participating in the loan management process by providing credit and loan underwriting decisions on consumer loans for various business units. Responsibilities include analyzing prospective loan applications, determining loan transactions and credit worthiness of borrowers, preparing credit analysis and providing opinions and recommendations regarding proposed credit and potential risks and determining the appropriate loan structure and documents needed to secure the Bank's position. Ensures all due diligence and background evaluation is complete and thorough before credit approval is granted.
Residential Lending Division
Make a meaningful difference as a member of City National's Residential Lending group. This is a great opportunity to grow your career with a stable and expanding organization while enhancing and retaining bank client relationships through competitive mortgage products and solutions with exceptional service and care.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Reviews loan application and financial information; evaluates and determines credit structure and terms; fully underwrites CRR consistent with Bank format, policies and procedures; determines sources and uses of funds; analyzes industry data, competitive factors, historical performance, projected results, risks, and mitigating factors.
- At the direction of and/or in concert with the Relationship Manager, contacts borrowers directly, as appropriate, for additional information and details related to loan request or clarification of financial materials and resources.
- Coordinates loan documentation including work with legal, CLC, or other outside counsel to obtain the correct, accurate documents to ensure all loan are documented to fully protect the Bank's interests in the credit relationship. Reviews collateral periodically to minimize credit exposure. Ensures that all documentation policy exceptions are cleared within the waiver period.
- Collaborates with team members by providing credit alternatives and creative ways to structure credits ensuring that transactions are within profitability and portfolio risk standards. Authors credit approval memorandum.
- Restructures loans and/or lines of credit as required. Assumes accountability for minimizing Bank losses.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge on all Bank lending policies and regulations. Confers with the Team Manager and appropriate Bank personnel regarding new/existing lending requirements and regulations.
- Supports relationship management team by monitoring performance of borrowers, identifying problem credits, and taking a proactive approach toward resolution. Reviews risk grading on an ongoing basis to identify potential credit issues. Escalates potential credit issues to Credit Manager and relationship team.
- Maintains a proactive commitment to established bank programs, such as Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) and Affirmative Action.
- Complies fully with all Bank Operational and Credit policies and procedures as well as all regulatory requirements (e.g. Bank Secrecy Act, Know Your Client, Community Reinvestment Act, Fair Lending Practices, Code of Conduct, etc.).
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- H.S. Diploma
- Minimum of 3 years of consumer loan underwriting experience
- Minimum of 3 years of financial institution experience
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent knowledge of consumer credit policies and procedures.
- Excellent credit analysis and accounting skills.
- Strong ability to communicate skillfully and effectively in both verbal/written forms.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to assume responsibility and accountability for decision making.
- Ability to work well independently and in teams and interact effectively with all levels of Bank personnel and outside contacts.
- Works with the Sr. Underwriter in structuring creative deals and determining alternative approaches.
To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top