Compliance Testing Analyst
- Los Angeles, CA
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
This position supports the oversight of the Bank's regulatory compliance testing program within the division. The Testing Analyst is responsible for playing a critical role in the execution of the Bank's compliance testing program, reporting on testing results, and performing validation.
Banking and Investment Services Division
As a member of City National's Banking & Investment Services group, you will be part of the essential central operations and back-end hub for all of the bank's lines of business.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
Under direction of the Manager, create testing/validation plans and conduct reviews of various business functions (i.e., Deposit Operations, Consumer Lending, Commercial Real Estate, Loan Servicing, Mortgages, etc.) to ensure regulatory compliance. Ensure testing complies with the program testing requirements and procedures. Ensure annual testing plan is completed as planned. Evaluate methods, processes, procedures and risks and ascertain significant compliance and control issues, making recommendations when needed. Analyze findings and perform root cause analysis, distinguishing between various levels of compliance risk. Prepare and support corrective action plans with business lines and validate implementation. Identify and assist in resolving compliance and control issues. Draft compliance reports, including details of identified significant findings. Interact with business line managers and other staff functions as appropriate. Demonstrate extensive knowledge of bank laws and regulations such as FCRA, FDPA, Reg B, Reg E, Reg CC, Reg D, Reg Z, SCRA, UDAAP, SAFE Act, GLBA, FDCPA, RESPA, Dodd Frank, etc. Adheres to compliance procedures and internal/operational risk controls in accordance with any and all applicable regulatory standards, requirements, and policies. Comply fully with all Bank Compliance policies and procedures as well as all regulatory requirements (e.g. Bank Secrecy Act, Know Your Client, Community Reinvestment Act, Fair Lending Practices, Code of Conduct, etc.).
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
Minimum 3 years of experience in financial services Minimum 3 years experience in compliance or risk management with a focus on testing Minimum 3 years of Advanced level experience in Microsoft Office skills, including Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
Skills and Knowledge
- College degree preferred
- Tableau experience preferred
- Demonstrated experience with regulations impacting consumer banking and/or business unit functions preferred.
- Strong experience in developing and performing testing.
- Demonstrated strong and sound decision making abilities about compliance risks and recommended corrective action.
- Ability to work well in a time-sensitive environment and handle a variety of matters or projects simultaneously.
- Proficiency in analyzing diverse business functions and processes to identify key risks and demonstrated success with implementing control improvement recommendations.
- Ability to interact with federal regulatory agencies.
- Proficiency of Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with all levels of an organization
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in multi-tasking and prioritizing projects.
- Excellent time management skills and be accustomed to working with deadlines
To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top