Compliance Program Manager
The Compliance Manager's primary duty is to ensure the company is in compliance with all laws, regulations and regulatory guidance; oversee the compliance program by keeping track of issues, remediation plans, implementation of new regulations, and other compliance-related projects with affiliates; maintain regulatory inventory; review policies, procedures and controls; and develop, analyze provide reporting metrics for various key risk indicators/key performance indicators. The Compliance Manager is responsible for managing enterprise-wide compliance requirements such as vendor management, regulatory developments, risk assessments and compliance monitoring/testing.
- Minimum of 10 years banking and compliance experience at a financial institution with extensive understanding of banking, brokerage and investment regulations.
- Minimum of 5 years working for financial institutions in a compliance, audit or operational risk management capacity.
- Minimum of 3 years management experience required.
- Oversee, develop and track various compliance monitoring metrics, key performance indicators, and key risk indicators to ensure consistent framework, standards and risk tolerances are followed.
- Develop risk appetites to measure and monitor compliance risks and ensure corrective actions are taken when compliance risk appetites are exceeded.
- Analyze compliance testing and monitoring results to ensure that all areas of organization are in compliance with applicable laws and regulations and develop trending analysis/heatmaps on state of compliance programs.
- Work with technology groups to develop reports to monitor, assess and identify control breakdowns in the enterprise's compliance risk management system.
- Prepare compliance reports, analysis and documents for reporting to management and board.
- Monitor regulatory changes and track plans to implement new regulatory requirements across the organization.
- Review communications and procedures and provide actionable advice to effect compliance with regulatory and bank standards.
- Participate in the processes for proposed project initiatives and provide subject matter expertise to initiative.
- Collaborate with other compliance management and the legal department, and acts as subject matter expert as needed or as assigned, in the monitoring and interpretation of legal and regulatory changes, guidance and expectation to ensure appropriate and timely changes are made to the Bank's established policies and procedures.
- Partners with appropriate departments, management and colleagues in the development of new and/or updated compliance policy and procedure.
- Manage assigned staff and conduct appropriate coaching to colleagues on interpretation and application of regulatory requirements to business processes.
- Perform risk assessments and compliance testing to monitor compliance with regulatory requirements and validate adherence to policies and procedures.
- Continuously evaluate both business and compliance processes and procedures to drive effectiveness and efficiencies.
- Additional projects and tasks based on business and department needs.
- Assist in compilation of information for enterprise-wide risk assessments.
- Responsible for coordinating compliance oversight of Third Party Supplies/Vendors.
- Perform any additional project and tasks as may be required by the Chief Compliance Officer.
- Maintain a broad compliance skill set, with particular focus on consumer regulations and best practices for the management of compliance risk.
Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Strong technical knowledge of banking, brokerage and investment businesses.
- Strong quantitative background.
- Ability to influence/motivate others to produce desired results.
- Ability to operate effectively in a fast paced environment.
- Strong ability to work in a complex team environment requiring exceptional communication, project management and organizational skills.
- Experience in enhancing/managing a compliance risk management program in a fast-growth environment.
- Working knowledge of bank technology and operating systems.
- Experience in large project management.
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and follow-up skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook).
*Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top