Responsible for handling compliance matters for the Chief Compliance Officer(s) in Wealth Management (WM). Handles analytical regulatory compliance matters related to Broker Dealer, Investment Adviser, Investment Company and Wealth Management Fiduciary business activities.
- Performs registration/licensing (Forms U4 / U5 & assists with Forms ADV/BD);
- Reviews Public Communications and Advertising/Marketing for CCO's final approvals;
- Researches and provide analysis to CCO on customer complaints;
- Conducts Compliance Reviews, Testing and Surveillance - at the direction and under supervision of CCO;
- Updates and maintains Compliance Manuals (policies and procedures) -- at the direction of CCO;
- Maintains compliance files, books and records, in compliance with regulatory requirements;
- Monitors and tracks requests or inquiries made to the WM Compliance Group to facilitate final resolution.
- Assists in compliance administration including the preparation of department correspondence, documents and reports, regulatory documents and correspondence, and communications, as requested by CCO.
- Assists CCO to maintain audit tracking logs and compliance tracking reports as deemed necessary.
- Maintains minutes or notes of applicable committee or task force meetings.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience with a financial institution such as a registered investment adviser, broker/dealer, regulatory agency, or other financial institution.
- Minimum 3 years compliance experience with a financial institution.
- Minimum 1 year of experience with compliance testing
Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university is preferred. Equivalent combination of education and significant relevant work experience may be considered.
- In-depth knowledge of the Investment Advisers Act of 1940, Investment Company Act of 1940, Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and Securities Act of 1933
- Prior experience with compliance testing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- FINRA Registrations: S7, S66 (or 63 and 65) a plus
- Strong abilities in analytical thinking, problem solving, research, and time management
- Proficiency with Windows programs: Excel, Outlook, Word
Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top