CNR Product Specialist -- Alternative Investments
This position is responsible for providing alternative investment product knowledge and expertise to the Portfolio Management/SIC/PIC groups in CNR with a specific focus on deepening the understanding of our alternatives platform by advisors/clients (i.e. an external focus). This position manages externally sourced alternative products and does not manage client money directly.
- Serve as the primary product expert for alternative investment products. Provide educational training to clients, prospects, Financial Advisors, and CNB colleagues on the intricacies of alternative investments with ongoing updates about the investment philosophy, process, and product specific issues as well as product fit with CNR overall assets allocation framework.
- Develop and foster a network of successful working relationships across internal stakeholders by preparing and delivering compelling presentations and knowledge sharing sessions on all aspects of the asset class including strategy, process, positioning, performance, markets, etc. Ensure that processes are integrated to support expected client service levels, business development efforts, and product onboarding.
- Attend and participate in investment strategy meetings with portfolio managers. Bring valuable information to portfolio managers that may directly impact the management of the client's portfolio.
- Partner with portfolio managers and SIC/PICs to lead, facilitate, and conduct workshops with current and prospective clients and advisors. Tailor presentations for advisors, clients, and colleagues.
- Act as a business partner by managing expectations and providing guidance and advice regarding alternative investment products.
- Coordinate manager due diligence and selection processes both in terms of breadth and investment quality, with the overall aim of providing best in class alternative investment products to our clients
- Meet with clients and prospects to explain investment philosophy, process, and performance of specific investment products; and to provide updates on overall financial market performance, economic trends, and the firm's economic outlook
- Has a key role in new business development initiatives; evaluate, create and manage product-related materials and methodology for use in the "field" which includes bankers, PICs, SICs, and importantly, external advisors on the CNR platform.
- Track adoption of new products by Portfolio Manager, region, and account segment.
- May assist in and/or is responsible for developing new products (i.e., design and management).
- Bachelor's Degree required. MBA or CFA preferred
- Minimum 7 years' experience in banking or financial services industry required
- Minimum 7 years' in asset management or wealth management
- MBA or CFA strongly preferred
- Must have asset management product knowledge
- Excellent client facing and communication skills
- Must be self-motivated and results-oriented
- Ability to work well under pressure and prioritize workload according to business needs
- Must be able and willing to travel to offices across the region as/when needed
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent analytical, planning and organization skills
- Strong presentation skills and ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff
- Demonstrated success in product and/or sales training
- Ability to work independently and within a team setting
- Ability to develop and establish credibility and rapport with product managers, subject matter experts, business unit managers and sales colleagues
*Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top