Closing Team Lead I
Supervise the Commercial and Industrial ("C&I") Loan Closing team who is responsible for facilitating complete loan documentation requests to be forwarded to the documentation department. Also, supervise the Pre-Boarding Loan Closing team and all areas of the Loan Closing pre-boarding function.
- Supervises C&I loan closing or pre-boarding staff.
- Oversees the C&I loan closing production process to ensure timeliness and uniformity of document requests prepared by the staff.
- Performs quality assurance review of completed C&I loan documentation requests for accuracy prior to being sent for documentation.
- Performs quality assurance review of pre-boarding loan packages (consumer, commercial, commercial real estate, SBA and ABL) upon receipt of executed documents prior to funding and/or boarding a loan.
- Performs quality assurance review of certain C&I loan products ("signature less loans") for accuracy prior to being sent for boarding.
- Prepares reports to capture production volume and productivity. Analyzes results and recommends changes to workflow and staff assignments to ensure that departmental goals are achieved and maintained.
- Works with Relationship Managers, Credit Officers, Attorneys, 3 rd party vendors and other bank staff, to ensure all due diligence items are obtained in relation to accurate preparation of loan documentation requests packages.
- Review, approve and submit UCC filings to 3 rd party vendor.
- Resolve issues pertaining to rejected boarding requests from CLC Loan Servicing.
- Approve wires, GL Sheets and other funding documents.
- Oversee and supervise the flood insurance process.
- Trains colleagues, Relationship Managers, Credit Officers, and other bank staff, as required, regarding loan closing and/or loan documentation policy and procedures.
- Develops monitors and maintains loan closing quality assurance review process.
- Meets with staff under direct supervision, minimally on a quarterly basis, to go over and discuss individual staff performance and performance measurement metric results and staff incentives, if applicable.
- Prepares and performs annual performance reviews for all staff under direct supervision.
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge and understanding of loan policies, programs and procedures. Modifies procedures in the loan closing area as needed to ensure compliance as changes in regulations guidelines occur.
- Maintains a proactive commitment to established bank programs, such as Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) and Affirmative Action.
- Complies fully with all Bank Operational and Credit policies and procedures as well as all regulatory requirements (e.g. Bank Secrecy Act, Know Your Client, Community Reinvestment Act, Fair Lending Practices, Code of Conduct, etc.).
- High School diploma or GED required
- Minimum 5 years of loan documentation experience required, specifically Commercial and Industrial loans
- Minimum 3 years supervisory experience required
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance laws
Skills and Knowledge
- Knowledge of general banking operations to include loan processing, collateral, and reading entity documents
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Great attention to detail
- Good organization and time management skills
- Ability to resolve conflicts within a supervised department
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Ability to train staff
- Ability to conduct performance reviews
- Efficient in Word and Excel
- Knowledge of AFS and FIS loan accounting systems helpful
*Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at lease meet the basic qualifications.
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer -- Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Meet Some of City National Bank's Employees
Stephanie D.SVP, Team Leader, Entertainment Division
Stephanie set the standard for providing outstanding financial service to nearly 50% of Broadway productions, as she and her team work behind the scenes to allow clients to focus on what they do best—creating spectacular productions.
Back to top