Client Success Manager
A Commercial Card Client Success Manager--with the alliance of City National's Growth Consultant and Product Sales Specialists-- is responsible for the management and growth of Commercial Card relationships with a focus on service, technical assistance, maintenance and revenue generation of the client's Commercial Card business. This position also supports the development, recommendation and implementation of programs for Commercial Card products to drive new accounts, revenue, maintain market competitiveness, expand client relationships, and meet specific client needs.
- Collaborates with City National's Growth Consultant and Product Sales Specialists to help facilitate the growth of the assigned portfolio of Commercial Card clients (25-30 clients; based on spend or other defined criteria).
- Partners with Product Sales Specialists (PSS), Treasury Management Sales Officers (TMSO) and, Relationship Managers (RM), to understand the client's overall banking relationship and what role Commercial Card plays in that space. The Commercial Card Client Success Manager keeps these internal partners informed of successes and challenges related to their clients' card program.
- Performs quarterly reviews with clients and an in-depth spend review at least annually detailing performance data, new solutions, and related opportunities. Assess changes with clients to identify challenges, concerns, or opportunities.
- Transitions clients to be self-sufficient all while retaining business and client satisfaction.
Intercedes as the main point of contact or escalation for administrators as it relates to their Commercial Card programs.
- Acts a Subject Matter Expert as it relates to Commercial Card products, including online tools and file feeds. Continue to grow knowledge and stay abreast of current events within the Commercial Card Industry. Leverage this knowledge to grow the portfolio.
- Maintains in depth industry knowledge through seminars, conferences, and publications to represent the constantly changing payments landscape.
- Leverages industry-benchmarking tools from Visa and other internal data analytics to assist clients with growth opportunities.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Directly assist internal colleagues and external clients with product information, provide support concerning product usage and functionality, and conduct webinars.
- Assist as needed with technical support on new client set-ups and/or post sales maintenance, support line unit personnel by providing and recommending the appropriate product. System familiarity with various commercial card platforms is helpful.
- Maintain positive relationships within Entertainment Division by providing product/service informational support, timely and accurate answers to requests, follow-up and communication on the Commercial Card products.
- Assist the product manager to improve product innovation and flexibility.
- Monitor, track and evaluate sales processes, implementation and best practices.
- Assist with management of vendor services to maximize customer satisfaction, retention and profitability.
- Maintain a proactive commitment to established Bank programs, such as Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) and Equal Employment Opportunity.
- Comply fully with all Bank Operational and Credit policies and procedures as well as all regulatory requirements (e.g. Bank Secrecy Act, Know Your Client, Community Reinvestment Act, Fair Lending Practices, Code of Conduct, etc.).
- Collaborate with Commercial Card Product Manager and Product Sales Specialists to ensure client has seamless onboarding process and ongoing client service.
- Provide support to Credit Card Operations team as needed.
- Bachelor Degree from a four year college or university or equivalent work experience.
- Must demonstrate creativity when designing solutions to problems.
- Proven crisis management and problem solving skills.
- Extensive industry/business knowledge in credit card or payments industry a plus.
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, analytical, planning, and scheduling skills.
- Experience speaking with/servicing commercial clients.
- Superior verbal, written and interpersonal skills, as well as strong presentation skills.
- Proven experience in demonstrating initiative in creating and maintaining positive business relationships with various unit managers.
- Communication skills necessary to prepare comprehensive reports, make presentations and communicate with all levels of bank management.
- Ability to gather, arrange, compile, interpret, analyze, summarize and evaluate information and data to formulate conclusions and recommended actions.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint are essential.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in product management, marketing, marketing research or strategic planning and/or project management.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in managing projects and/or small project teams.
- Minimum 2 years of experience with specific industry expertise in commercial credit cards, both operationally and strategically.
- Minimum 3 years of banking experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top