BI QA Manager
Reporting to the Sr. Manager of Quality Assurance, this individual is responsible for the strategy and execution of all facets of testing and quality assurance across multiple areas of the Business Intelligence (BI) and data integration practices. (S)he will be responsible to ensure modern data and reporting quality assurance best practices are implemented, executed, communicated and documented resulting in highest quality data and reporting being introduced in CNB's environment. To that extent, the manager will provide regular direction, mentoring, and coaching to BI QA team members, ensuring the success of the team's manual and automation efforts. This individual will also need to establish ongoing relationships and interactions with the business unit stakeholders and testers along with the various IT groups including project management, business intelligence, data management, information security and infrastructure as well as cross-functional agile teams.
- Minimum of 7 years' Quality Assurance experience in managing business intelligence testing activities for large scale projects, in an onshore/offshore delivery model.
- Minimum of 5 years in an IT leadership role managing teams of varying sizes.
- Bachelor's degree in IT, Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience.
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong leader with experience in implementing and shaping the company's BI QA processes and strategies.
- Experience managing testing departments or testing functions, managing large and complex activities and processes.
- Ability to build, implement and direct quality assurance principles and maintain quality of delivery.
- Strong technical skills, both functional and non-functional, manual and automation, ideally in a continuous delivery environment
- Strong communication skills with all the key stakeholders to ensure QA vision is understood and implemented correctly.
- Proactive, strong minded, quick thinker and assertive.
- Able to motivate a team, recognize good talent and bring out the best out of each individual.
- Leading, mentoring, and guiding best practices for the BI QA team.
- Must be a self-starter with ability to be productive in a fast-paced environment with minimal direction.
- Experience with Informatica and HP ALM toolset, as well as common QA testing tools, including automated regression, integration, and scalability testing for data strongly preferred.
*Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top