API Platform Engineer
- Los Angeles, CA
API PLATFORM ENGINEER
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
This position acts as the senior engineer supporting the API Enablement Team. Typical day to day responsibilities include building, installing, configuring, deploying, monitoring, and maintaining technology related to API management and enterprise application integration software. This role works closely with application teams to help implement production and non-production changes, work on incident tickets and requests, assists in application release deployments and is required to participate in On - Call rotation.
- Driven software engineer who is passionate about integration and enabling a services architecture
- Manage, lead and administer the integration landscape in a distributed environment comprising of applications including MuleSoft, Apigee and Azure Integration PaaS solutions
- Manage and support integration solutions hosted on the integration platform
- Proactively propose solutions that help the operations and support of integrations
- Proactively innovate and contribute to solutions that help mediate potential risks and threats in the integration landscape
- Systems analysis and software development efforts that align with devops, devsecops, and agile-related approaches
- Application security support including application penetration testing and R&D when needed
- Timely response and resolution of incidents.
- Have fun! - contribute towards a productive yet fun team environment.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in system design, administration, application software and operations.
- Minimum of 10 years' experience providing end-user support for corporate applications in a networked environment.
- Minimum of 3 years coordinating team efforts in a project or operations environment
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science.
Skills and Knowledge
- Past experience in API Management tools is a plus
- Past experience on oAuth and IAM integration is a plus
- Solid scripting capability, python and/or bash is a plus
- Windows Powershell scripting is highly desired
- Prior experience in managing/administering messaging and event streaming platform is desired
- Solid understanding of SSL/SSH and certificate management
- Configuration management software such as Ansible, Chef or Puppet is a plus
- Front end and UI experience is a plus -- Angular, Bootstrap
- Experience with testing frameworks, libraries and principals -- JUnit, RestAssured, Mockito, TDD are desirable
- Experience with container-based technologies is a big advantage -- Docker
- Experience with container orchestration tools -- Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, Mesos
- Experience building and deploying applications and data to platforms such as Azure, GCP, Cloud Foundry or AWS
- Experience building automated solution to replicate simple and complex workflows in organisation such as single workflow, robotic handover, machine learning is a distinct advantage
- Ability to understand the business and technical requirements while developing the associated content and documentation.
- Excellent problem-solving and technical skills
- Ability to establish goals, objectives, and work plans
- Demonstrate a growth mind-set -- willingness to learn through collaboration
- Knowledge of core security principles is a plus
- This role can be located in Los Angeles, Raleigh NC, or be 100% remote.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish.City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top