Analyst II - Operational Risk Management
Operational Risk Management (ORM), in the second line of defense, is responsible for providing independent and objective oversight of the management of Operational risks arising from City National Bank's business processes, people, systems or external events. This position supports the development and implementation of the bank-wide operational risk program. This includes assistance with the Risk ID process, RCSAs, managing key risk indicators, Operational Losses, Operational Risk Events, Scenario Analysis and the status of risk remediation activities.
This position will also liaise with US Operational Risk at the Holding Company and RBC Group Risk Management in reporting on the bank's operational risk profile and other requested program information.
- Under general supervision, uses knowledge and skills, obtained through education and/or experience, training and/or certification, to conduct reviews of limited scope and complexity and develop risk profiles in assigned processes.
- Recommends process improvements for departmental and business unit processes, as well as procedures to improve internal controls and mitigation strategies.
- Guidance is provided to perform varied work that is difficult in character requiring some evaluation, originality and ingenuity to make moderately complex decisions.
- Resolves or recommends solutions to complex problems.
- Results are evaluated at agreed upon milestones for effectiveness. Routine contact with internal and external customers is required to identify research and resolve problems.
- Responsible for ensuring operational risk program management consistent with City National Bank's Operational Risk Policy and Program requirements
- Provide highly specialized guidance and oversight on current and emerging legal, regulatory, and operational risk issues, monitoring and measuring operational risk performance, and reviewing and challenging of strategy (initiative, products, third parties, and clients), control design, implementation, testing, and remediation for all LOBs
- As a subject matter expert, provide advice, consultation services and training to business and corporate units on operational risk program management topics, including ORM tools, policies, procedures and reporting metrics
- Support the ORM team in the execution of all elements of the CNB Operational Risk Management Program.
- Assist with the preparation of status reports, key metrics and other ORM reporting information as requested.
- Analyze operational loss information from the bank's General Ledger highlighting trends or variances to forecasts.
- Maintain the ORM Risk Register including remediation updates from the units.
- Partner with the Operational Risk Program Managers on the roll-up and preparation of the annual ERCSA for City National Bank.
- Other duties or special projects required to advance the operational risk management program at CNB.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Understand the Operational Risk Management framework and activities, for example risk policy, risk limits/thresholds, & risk appetite, contributing to maturity of the program
- Support facilitation and oversight of risk management activities including evaluation of risk responses and policies
- Identify and evaluate risk, controls and issues and perform root cause and impact analysis
- Understand technology control framework (e.g. access and change management)
- Formally deliver information to groups or individuals understanding audience and tailor communication
- Communicate ideas and facts in writing, in a clear and concise manner; Fluid communicator that can address all levels of hierarchical importance
- Ability to analyze basic data sets; Ability to extract data from multiple sources and draw conclusions
- Foster relationships ; Communicate professionally
- Independently lead projects of varying degree
- Bachelor's degree or higher and other professional qualifications such as a CPA, CA, etc. highly preferred
- Ability to work in a matrix environment
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the financial services sector
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Risk Management, ORM or Internal Audit preferred
- Minimum 3 years of experience with quantitative data modeling, analysis or data management
Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Meet Some of City National Bank's Employees
Stephanie D.Senior VP, Team Leader, Entertainment Division
Stephanie set the standard for providing outstanding financial service to nearly 50% of Broadway productions, as she and her team work behind the scenes to allow clients to focus on what they do best—creating spectacular productions.
Back to top