Accounts Payable Specialist
- Los Angeles, CA
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE SPECIALIST
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
As a member of the Accounts Payable team within the Controllers Department, the Accounts Payable Specialist will perform all accounts payable duties, including processing, scanning, researching, and mailing of all accounts payables for various departments of the bank.
This is a great opportunity to grow your career with a stable and expanding organization as a member of City National's Finance team. This group records, analyzes, reports and optimizes to maintain the bank's financial health, while following principles and legislation to ensure we're doing what's right.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Audit and process colleague expense reports in Chrome River
- Process invoices through a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet upload template
- Process, maintain and reconcile E-payables invoices
- Provide Chrome River Support to bank colleagues
- Manage Accounts Payable Mailbox, answer and respond to all incoming phone calls and emails
- Maintain daily metrics
- Research and process stale dated checks
- Maintain and File EDD Independent Contractor Report
- Run payment reports on a regular and as-needed basis
- Maintain and process 1099 reporting
- Review and approve new vendors
- Scan, code, and process invoices
- Reviews invoices for proper approval by the business departments
- Review and correct denied invoices
- Open, stamp, and sort incoming mail
- Performs other related duties within the department as required and directed by the Accounts Payable Supervisor
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- H.S. Diploma
- Minimum 2 years of experience processing accounts payable invoices
- Minimum 2 years of experience with Microsoft Excel and Word
Skills and Knowledge
- 2 years accounts payable experience.
- College courses in accounting a plus
- Must have good computer skills: Intermediate/Advanced Microsoft Excel skills using v-lookup functionality, creating pivot tables, sorting and filtering large amounts of data, and using 10-key by touch.
- PeopleSoft Financials experience highly desirable
- Knowledge of Chrome River a plus
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft preferred
- Knowledge of Scanning/Imaging tools (Optical Character Recognition) a plus
- Knowledge of uploading Microsoft Excel spreadsheet templates
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Credit Card processing experience a plus
- W-8, 1099, and vendor file management experience
- Knowledge of accounts payable workflow
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and written & verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and a team player.
- Strong attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of colleagues, both within the Finance Division and throughout the bank
- Demonstrates flexibility, adaptability, and openness to change as priorities can change quickly in an environment where reaction time is essential
- Suggest and implement improvements to current processes and leverage technology to potentially automate certain processes
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top