Talent Business Partner
Talent Business Partner – California and Texas
Citizen Schools seeks a people motivated, experienced human resource professional to support our full employee life cycle. As a Talent Business Partner, your role is to hire exceptional individuals to advance Citizen Schools’ mission, to assist organizational leaders in enabling and inspiring staff and service members , and to ensure compliance with required policies, practices and processes. Talent Business Partners play a vital role in positioning Citizen Schools’ leaders, employees and service members to perform with excellence in a safe, compliant, inclusive and engaging culture. This role will be based in Redwood City, CA but will support recruitment and employee relations in Texas and California, and reports to the Director of Talent.
Full-Cycle Recruitment and Partnership Building:
- Lead and execute on end-to-end searches for regional office and cohort-based hiring
- Develop profiles for each newly created or vacant role, ensuring alignment of role profiles to other roles within the organization, comparing titling, compensation and scope
- Steward and grow existing key relationships with relevant talent-source organizations and institutions
- Identify and cultivate new high-value potential partners
Candidate Attraction, Selection, and Experience:
- Develop clear, well-defined, concise, and accessible job descriptions
- Attract candidates through accessible, targeted postings and direct outreach
- Design and implement equitable, competency-based, efficient selection process
- Deliver consistent, timely, thoughtful, engaging communication to all applicants at all stages of the process
- Identity and cultivate key sources of diverse talent (eg: online candidates sources, key partner organizations, local organizations and professional groups, etc.)
Organizational Development and Workforce Planning:
- Partner with regional and divisional leaders to develop trusting relationships, allowing for close and strategic consult on an ongoing and annual basis to organizational leaders around team structure, role crafting, titling, compensation, and coaching issues
- Make recommendations on titling and compensation as mapped to organizational trends and external benchmarks
- Work to create pathways of promotion for key cohorts (External Engagement, Program, Civic Engagement) through clearly articulated org charts and internal selection processes
- Support the integrity of a competency-based, national selection process, identifying standards of process as well as hiring manager choice points; Train hiring managers on process/interview best practice
- Serve as trusted advisor for staff and service members within your portfolio to confidentially discuss issues regarding job satisfaction, relationships with colleagues, or any other personal matters
- Evaluate and resolve human relations and labor relation issues; Work in partnership with Director of Talent to resolve serious issues
- Serve as an expert on organizational policies, regulations, and procedures, as well as need for compliance; Participate in quarterly review of organizational policies noting needed changes, updates or clarification
- Serve as a point of contact for staff and service members regarding compensation and benefits and the process for enrollment or changes
- Manage FMLA and leave requests including gathering documentation and paperwork; Coordinate appropriately with the payroll and HR operations teams
- Serve as the point person for safety related issues for staff, including receiving SNAP hotline calls, and managing incident reporting, follow up and support
- Help coordinate and manage quarterly performance conversations and business goal setting process
- Maintain employee files including new hire paperwork and documentation for payroll adjustments
- Coach managers and partner with national network team to proactively address performance challenges to assess skill/will spectrum; Handle all employee relations and employee discipline matters in a way that promotes diversity & inclusion
- Partner closely with managers to ensure they have tools and skills to address performance concerns
- Partner with HR Operations team and managers to train employees in policies, grant requirements and state, federal and local laws
- Fundamental belief that all children can succeed in school and in life, on an absolute scale
- 2-3 years of experience in a full-time HR role, preferably with a focus on employee relations or talent recruitment
- Solid understanding of basic labor laws and regulations in TX and CA
- Success managing interpersonal relationships with colleagues ranging from entry- to senior-level
- Impeccable ethics & judgment; able to maintain highly sensitive information
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Google Apps, and HRIS systems
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required
- Formal HR credentials (PHR or equivalent) required
To apply, please submit a resume and two short essay responses through our online application. PDF format strongly preferred.
Questions, please contact Jessica Palmer at [email protected] .
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Salary range is commensurate with experience. Full benefits include health care, 403B, three week vacation, and extensive training and professional development opportunities.
ABOUT CITIZEN SCHOOLS:
All children deserve the opportunity to discover and achieve their dreams. Citizen Schools makes this possible for thousands of high-need middle school students nationwide through partnerships with public districts in 30 schools in 6 states that extend the school day and introduce volunteer and paid adults to increase hands-on learning opportunities. Extended Learning Time or ELT is an evidence-based model, that consistently accelerates the rate of student learning, reduces absenteeism, leads to more students reaching grade-level proficiency, and prepares students for college and beyond. You can review our results at http://bit.ly/CSresults13 or see the our impact first hand through the story of one of our students .
We are on a mission to reimagine the learning day, and with partners like Cisco, Fidelity, Biogen and AmeriCorps, we are getting closer to closing the opportunity and achievement gaps every day.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT : Citizen Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, cultural heritage, ancestry, political belief, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability or veteran status. Citizen Schools is compliant with the American with Disabilities Act and we are committed to making special accommodations for your interview or work as a member of our team.
Back to top