Director of Corporate Engagement
Director of Corporate Engagement
Citizen Schools is excited to add an influential member to our national philanthropy team – the Director of Corporate Engagement. The Director of Corporate Engagement will play a critical role in Citizen Schools’ effort to close the opportunity gap by identifying, developing and growing sustainable relationships with regional and national corporate partners who can provide us with necessary financial, human capital and technology resources for years to come.
We seek a stellar relationship builder who is committed to creating strong partnerships, a self-directed individual who has a proven track record of stewarding relationships and securing financial resources. The Director of Corporate Engagement will be based at our national headquarters in Boston, MA and will report to our Managing Director of Corporate Engagement.
Corporate Relationship Management:
- Own a portfolio of approximately 40 companies who provide significant financial resources to the organization
- Steward and grow a portfolio of multi-regional and Boston-based corporate partners, which are major corporations that make substantial financial, volunteer, leadership and in-kind contributions each year
- Proactively identify, cultivate, and close new corporate partnerships with a particular focus on companies headquartered in the Boston area with a national presence
- Ensure accurate tracking of partner employee engagement (e.g.: employees who participate in semester-long apprenticeships, attendance at one-time events, etc)
- Create mid-year and end-of-year reports for select partners
- Develop programs to increase awareness and support volunteer recruitment and growth goals with each partner’s employees and customers
National Corporate Engagement Strategy:
- Develop and execute strategies to retain existing corporate funders and volunteer providers, upgrading gifts and increasing volunteer pipelines
- Develop and execute strategies to generate new revenue from cool and cold prospects, leveraging board members, staff, and personal and professional networks for introductions and to build momentum
- Ensure alignment with national brand and best practices in all strategy development and in all internal and external communication
- Create and maintain communication and reporting vehicles with partner contacts
- In partnership with National External Engagement team, develop and improve processes for attracting, retaining, stewarding and growing corporate partners nationwide
- Proactively identify and support the execution of opportunities to grow local and regional partners into national partners
Civic Engagement Support and Coordination:
- Serve as the primary liaison on the Philanthropy team to Civic Engagement staff in the Massachusetts region
- Seek opportunities for corporate volunteers to engage with Citizen Schools at the programmatic level through apprenticeships and one-time volunteer opportunities; leverage apprenticeship opportunity to grow and deepen corporate partnerships
- Fundamental belief that all students can achieve academic and professional success on an absolute scale
- 5-7 years of progressively responsible fundraising experience, with a strong preference for experience with corporate partnerships
- Track record of meeting/exceeding ambitious fundraising goals while maintaining an inclusive, collaborative leadership style
- Strong strategic thinking skills with an ability to use data to make decisions and to translate strategy to action
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with the ability to develop productive working relationships across a wide variety of individuals and groups, both internally and externally
- Proven ability to independently manage follow-up communication, CRM database entries, and other operational details efficiently
- Ability and excitement to model Citizen Schools core values: Pride, Respect, Courage, Teamwork, Perseverance, Vision, and Joy
- Bachelors degree from an accredited institution required
ABOUT CITIZEN SCHOOLS:
All children deserve the opportunity to discover and achieve their dreams. Citizen Schools makes this possible for thousands of high-need middle school students nationwide through partnerships with public districts in 30 schools in 6 states that extend the school day and introduce volunteer and paid adults to increase hands-on learning opportunities. Extended Learning Time or ELT is an evidence-based model, that consistently accelerates the rate of student learning, reduces absenteeism, leads to more students reaching grade-level proficiency, and prepares students for college and beyond. You can review our results at http://bit.ly/CSresults13 or see the our impact first hand through the story of one of our students .
We are on a mission to reimagine the learning day, and with partners like Cisco, Fidelity, Biogen and AmeriCorps, we are getting closer to closing the opportunity and achievement gaps every day.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT : Citizen Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, cultural heritage, ancestry, political belief, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability or veteran status. Citizen Schools is compliant with the American with Disabilities Act and we are committed to making special accommodations for your interview or work as a member of our team. If specific accommodations are needed, please notify [email protected] and we will work to accommodate your needs.
Back to top