About the position:
The Development Coordinator will support the development of relationships with key philanthropic stakeholders — including implementing and tracking donor cultivation progress, ensuring the integrity of outreach materials and the CSC website, and managing CSC’s gift receipt processes. The Development Coordinator will also assist with special events and the planning of CSC’s annual gala. The role is an opportunity for a detail-oriented, highly organized individual to learn the full breadth of fundraising operations at a national, education-focused nonprofit. The Development Coordinator will be based at our Redwood City Regional Office in California and will report to the Executive Director.
Cultivation Strategy & Execution
- Manage implementation of stakeholder engagement plan, supporting the Executive Director and External Engagement team members in outreach, cultivation, and stewardship
- Directly manage a small portfolio of external relationships
- Oversee use of Salesforce database as a relationship management system that drives efficient and effective donor cultivation across development department (manage tasks and promises to stakeholders, track touch points and communication, capture relevant information, etc)
- Ensure team communication and collaborative planning (create weekly update reports to share via email with national and regional teams, plan and facilitate weekly development department meetings, etc)
- Collaborate with national development coordinator cohort to create and implement sustainable systems
Organizational Gift Processing
- Process organizational donations in Salesforce and mailings to Citizen Schools’ headquarters
- Maintain donor recognition naming preferences in Salesforce and produce donor recognition and donor history reports as needed
- Ensure organization of hard copy and online funder files
- Develop and implement a process for donor acknowledgement and recognition, keeping perspective on how we make our funders feel appreciated and that their contributions are being well-managed
- Maintain and update hard copy marketing collateral library
- Manage all internal file storage systems including Citizen Schools’ intranet system
- Work with national marketing team to collate materials for grant funding opportunities, update and oversee regional website content and support to headquarters and regional team on giving campaigns and appeals
Event Operations & Special Projects
- Collaborate with External Engagement Team to plan and execute CSC gala
- Provide logistical support for all development events including board meetings, board member house parties, stakeholder convenings, and other special events
- Create and manage Salesforce reports to track event attendance and ensure follow up
- Other special projects will arise or can be developed based on the Development Coordinator’s areas of interest (i.e. basic grant writing, the production of marketing materials, prospect research, social media strategy, etc.)
- Commitment to and passion for changing the educational outcomes of low-income students
- Desire to take initiative and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Outstanding organizational and administrative skills
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and follow-through
- Excellent writing, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Strong team orientation and ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Microsoft Excel
- Database skills preferred (and experience with Salesforce a plus)
- Good sense of humor and enthusiasm
- Embodiment of the seven Citizen Schools Values: Pride, Joy, Respect, Courage, Teamwork, Vision
- Interest in fundraising or nonprofit management as a career a plus
- Experience working with low-income students a plus
- 2 years of relevant experience (e.g. education, nonprofit administration, data analysis) preferred
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required
Please apply through our careers page, submitting your resume and a one-page cover letter explaining your interest in the position. PDF format preferred. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis, and the position is available for an immediate start.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Salary range is commensurate with experience. Full benefits include health care, 403B, three week vacation, and extensive training and professional development opportunities. All Directors of Program participate in the Citizen Schools national network via trainings, site visits, institutes and organization-wide retreats and meetings.
ABOUT CITIZEN SCHOOLS:
All children deserve the opportunity to discover and achieve their dreams. Citizen Schools makes this possible for thousands of high-need middle school students nationwide through partnerships with public districts in 30 schools in 6 states that extend the school day and introduce volunteer and paid adults to increase hands-on learning opportunities. Extended Learning Time or ELT is an evidence-based model, that consistently accelerates the rate of student learning, reduces absenteeism, leads to more students reaching grade-level proficiency, and prepares students for college and beyond. You can review our results at http://bit.ly/CSresults13 or see the our impact first hand through the story of one of our students .
We are on a mission to reimagine the learning day, and with partners like Cisco, Fidelity, Biogen and AmeriCorps, we are getting closer to closing the opportunity and achievement gaps every day.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT : Citizen Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, cultural heritage, ancestry, political belief, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability or veteran status. Citizen Schools is compliant with the American with Disabilities Act and we are committed to making special accommodations for your interview or work as a member of our team.
Back to top