Principal Software Engineer
- Westwood, MA
At Citizens Bank, our engineers are solving similar challenges faced by startups and fintechs like Affirm, Ally, N26. Our aspiration is to run a hybrid cloud environment, build omni-channel experiences, create message-driven architecture, build scalable solutions, leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to provide personalize insights while continuing to guard against cyber threats. Join our engineering teams on a transformational journey as we convert our aspirations into reality.
Who We Look For
Our engineers are creative problem solvers building solutions in lending, digital banking, big data, mobile, and more. We look for team players who are fundamentally strong, adaptable and willing to push the boundaries around what's possible.
Consumer engineering team serves millions of customers across multiple products including lending, deposits, financial tools, and innovative partnerships like point of sale financing for Apple iPhone purchases. We are modernizing our technology, migrating to public cloud, automating infrastructure and code deployments, and leveraging data for insights. As we strive towards achieving our aspirations, we are looking for leaders and individual contributors to join our team and be part of an exciting digital transformation journey.
As a Principal Software Engineer, you will work alongside and mentor a group of talented engineers as you pursue a broad range of initiatives, from technology modernization and digital transformation leveraging cloud, big data, data science and CICD engineering. By leveraging your technical skills and thirst for innovation, you will produce disruptive technologies that will ensure Citizens market leadership. As a future leader, you will work on multiple solutions spanning our consumer banking applications.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Design, modify, develop and implement technology solutions; build modern, architecturally sound components, tools and applications to meet mission-driven strategic business goals
- Participate in an environment rapidly transforming to the Agile methodology, adhering to best practices and collaborating effectively with your team mates.
- Infuse quality of service characteristics, such as security, scalability, manageability and maintainability, into distributed service-based framework to create or expand business or technical capabilities.
- Document development iterations; ensure the quality of technical documentation; create progress reports
- Participate in code and design reviews with network, infrastructure and solutions engineering teams to ensure that solutions meet current enterprise standards
- 7+ years of experience in software development
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related discipline
- Proficient in Agile practices
- Programming Languages (Java, C++, C#, Golang etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to operate in a team environment, strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Deep expertise in data structure concepts such as linked lists, dictionaries, arrays, custom object creation, etc.
- Experience working in AWS or GCP or Azure cloud environments
- Understanding of the banking industry, specifically the functions of custodial and consumer banking
- Experience with collecting requirements, creating software designs and developing efficient implementations
- AWS/AZURE/GCP certification or rich relevant experience, including managing sensitive assets
- Bash and Linux experience
- Experience with CICD pipeline (CircleCI, Jenkins, or equivalent)
Hours and Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: M-F
Back to top