Mgr Software Engineering Enterprise Content Services
- Johnston, RI
As a Software Engineering Manager, you will be instrumental in helping develop innovative ideas to fruition as it relates the banks enterprise document/content management needs. As the Manager of Software Engineering, you will serve as a key contributor and leader in the space of technological innovation. You will combine your technical expertise and strong leadership skills to spearhead a results-driven engineering operation. The dynamic workload will encompass both attribute enhancements and cutting-edge innovations.
The Manager of Software Engineering will be responsible for:
- Working with engineers, architects and the platform owner to set the Enterprise Content Services technical direction and strategic objectives.
- Identifying areas where new technologies can be leveraged to enhance customer service or improve operational efficiency. Responsible for understanding the latest technology to ensure all project solutions represent the best possible use of technology
- Establishing current state, future state and related road map for Enterprise Content Management driving the business and supporting technology forward.
- Developing and leading the technical migration and disposition of the bank's legacy Enterprise Content Management solutions.
- Provide technical and functional leadership for the Enterprise Content Services team on technology projects throughout the bank.
- Develop, manage and lead a team of highly-inquisitive technologists, offering them both mentoring and coaching.
- Collaborate with engineers, architects, product managers and other technical or non-technical stakeholders to define design approaches that are aligned with the customer-centric product vision.
- Participating in design and code reviews to ensure both deliveries of desired business outcomes and alignment to enterprise standards.
- Ensure the best engineering and documentation practices are understood and executed.
- Collaborate with peers within the organization to ensure seamless integration of functional workflows.
- Ensure successful incremental product releases while driving to deadlines and optimizing investments. Assuring quality through efficient management of team and resources.
- 10+ years of hands-on software development experience with a proven record of successfully developing consumer-facing, reliable and scalable products
- 7+ years of relevant managerial experience, managing teams of technologists and engineers
- Excellent understanding of engineering software processes, methodologies (agile, waterfall, SCRUM and life-cycle), configuration management, release management and systems verification and test
- Experience building or integrating cloud-native applications
- AWS/AZURE/GCP experience, including managing sensitive assets
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline (CircleCI, Jenkins, or equivalent)
- Experience working with data and DBMS, including legacy and emerging database technologies
- Experience with (RESTful) API's
- Strong communication (both oral and written) and interpersonal skills
- 5+ years of experience in the financial services industry, developing solutions for consumer banking, portfolio management, trading, compliance or wealth management
- Understanding of banking system and custodial and consumer banking operations
- Experience implementing a cloud-native Enterprise Content Management solution, ideally at a Financial Services organization such as Alfresco, FileNet, CMOD, and OnBase.
- Comfortable navigating large corporate structure to ensure timely delivery of projects
Education and Certifications
- Required: Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related discipline
- Preferred: Master's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline
Back to top