Home Mortgage Retail Underwriter Senior Specialist
- Lakewood, NJ
As an employee of Citizens Financial Group, you become a part of an organization committed to serving customers, colleagues and communities in which we do business. Citizens Financial Group is an established and successful financial services company with a branch presence in 12 states and the ability to conduct business globally. We are committed to offering comprehensive and competitive benefits, encouraging our colleagues to develop and grow their careers, and providing a fiscally sound and stable work environment while delivering to our customers.
As a successful member of our Underwriting team, you will be responsible for underwriting complete product offerings including automated and manual portfolio, Jumbo, FHA, VA, Bond Agency, and Construction-to-Perm loans. In addition, you will underwrite pre-underwritten conventional first mortgages prepared by a Junior Underwriter, and will utilize your knowledge and experience to serve as an advisor for junior members of the department.
Some additional responsibilities include, ensuring material information captured in the automated underwriting system is accurate at time of review proactively suggesting program alternatives for customers who do not qualify for terms initially submitted demonstrating sound judgment in the analysis of required documentation while mitigating organization risk through appropriate decision making.
You will be asked to meet or exceed productivity levels established by Management and credit quality standards set forth by Citizens, while responding timely to quality control and audit reviews when requested.
The Senior Underwriter will also assist the Group Team Manager when necessary.
- BA/BS degree preferred or equivalent experience in underwriting/mortgage banking preferred
- Direct Endorsement Certification required
- 5 or more years underwriting conventional and government loans required
- Experience using Automated Underwriting Systems
- Self-directed with excellent time management skills
- Experienced as Delegated Underwriter with all approved MI companies
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and evaluate complex income documentation
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Desire to work in a production environment
- Advanced proficiency in Word and Excel
- VA LAPP approval preferred
Hours & Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00AM-5:00PM
Back to top