Home Mortgage Retail DE Underwriter Senior Specialist - Remote
- Lakewood, NJ
As an employee of Citizens Financial Group, youbecome a part of an organization committed to serving customers,colleagues and communities in which we do business. Citizens Financial Group isan established and successful financial services company with a branchpresence in 12 states and the ability to conduct business globally. We arecommitted to offering comprehensive and competitive benefits, encouragingour colleagues to develop and grow their careers, and providing a fiscallysound and stable work environment while delivering to our customers.
As a successful member of our Underwriting team,you will be responsible for underwriting complete product offeringsincluding automated and manual portfolio, Jumbo, FHA, VA, Bond Agency,and Construction-to-Perm loans. In addition, you will underwritepre-underwritten conventional first mortgages prepared by a JuniorUnderwriter, and will utilize your knowledge and experience to serve as anadvisor for junior members of the department.
Some additional responsibilities include,ensuring material information captured in the automated underwritingsystem is accurate at time of review proactively suggesting programalternatives for customers who do not qualify for termsinitially submitted demonstrating sound judgment in the analysis ofrequired documentation while mitigating organization risk throughappropriate decision making.
You will be asked to meet or exceed productivitylevels established by Management and credit quality standards set forth byCitizens, while responding timely to quality control and audit reviewswhen requested.
The Senior Underwriter will also assist the GroupTeam Manager when necessary.
- BA/BS degree preferred or equivalent experience in underwriting/mortgage banking preferred
- Direct Endorsement Certification required
- 5 or more years underwriting conventional and government loans required
- Experience using Automated Underwriting Systems
- Self-directed with excellent time management skills
- Experienced as Delegated Underwriter with all approved MI companies
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and evaluate complex income documentation
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Desire to work in a production environment
- Advanced proficiency in Word and Excel
- VA LAPP approval preferred
Hours & Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00AM-5:00PM
Back to top