Corporate Finance Summer Internship Program
- Johnston, RI
We're developing the next generation of leaders
You have a unique opportunity to jumpstart your career through hands-on, impactful projects, comprehensive training and development, and exposure to executive leadership, paving the way for a robust career at Citizens Bank.
The Corporate Finance Summer Internship Program is a critical program within the Corporate Finance Department for cultivating talented, young professionals who aspire to be future leaders. As part of this program, you'll accelerate the development of your financial analysis skills, accounting principles, and excel knowledge as well as gain exposure to financial modeling and visualization systems.
Experience during the program
NOTE: THIS INTERNSHIP PROGRAM BEGINS IN EARLY JUNE 2021
In this 10-week program, you will have the opportunity to gain a strong understanding of the Corporate Finance Division at Citizens Bank as well as great insight into the inner workings of a large financial institution. You'll experience a variety of hands-on, impactful projects, gain exposure to senior leaders, and develop a transferable skill-set that will position you as a possible candidate for the Finance Accounting Corporate Training (FACT) Program.
Designed for rising seniors, this program is a great way to gain experience within a specific finance team while also getting additional exposures to multiple corporate finance functions. You may be placed in any one of the following corporate finance teams: Commercial Banking Finance, Consumer Banking Finance, Business Services Finance or Corporate Planning. During the summer, you could be working on:
- Financial budgeting, forecasting, and comprehensive financial reporting, including the board of directors report and the quarterly earnings report
- Maintain, analyze and interpret data to develop a working knowledge of financial information and present key findings to finance managers and senior leaders
- Preparation and analysis of financial statements for a $180 billion banking organization
- Financial management for a variety of consumer lending portfolios (i.e. student and auto)
- Base and stress forecasting production
- Deepening research skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office programs and relevant data sources ex. SNL Financial
- 1-day Orientation with all RI based interns during your first week
- Professional development workshops (such as Business Etiquette and Communication Style)
- Bi-weekly Sr. Speaker Series with Citizens leadership
- Social activities (such as sporting events or a bank-wide intern BBQ)
- Dedicated community service activities
Near the end of the program, you'll be given early consideration for the Finance Accounting Corporate Training (FACT) Program.
Finance Accounting Corporate Training (FACT) Program is a 12 - 18 month full-time program, which consists of a robust onboarding as well as on-the-job training, mentorship, and an opportunity to continue to gain relevant experience by completing 3 rotational assignments through various Corporate Finance & Accounting Teams.
Who we're looking for
We're looking for self-starters, team players, and strategic thinkers.
To be successful in this program, you'll need to display strong skills and characteristics including: analytical and critical thinking, communication, data analysis, detail-oriented, initiative, interpersonal, leadership, learning agility, project management, relationship building, strategic mindset, and time management.
What you'll need to apply
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics or other business/analytical related degree
- Expected graduation date of May 2022
- Minimum GPA of 3.00 required
Back to top