At Cisco Meraki, we’re on track to be the most successful acquisition in Cisco’s history (and certainly the most fun). Our office makes working here pretty special too – located in the heights of central London with an outstanding view of the city skyline, we’re a short walk away from bustling areas like Shoreditch and Liverpool street. We offer privately catered lunches every single day plus you can help yourself free of charge to our fully stocked kitchen at all times – from freshly squeezed orange juice and a huge array of fruit, to salads, salamis and cheese. If you’re looking for a company that really commits, how about our complimentary weekly yoga classes, sports societies, games room, or organised family days so you can bring your children into work? But what truly makes Meraki special are the people – people who keep the culture strong and make working here exciting, meaningful, and rewarding.
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect us, empower us, and drive us. By simplifying powerful technology we can free passionate people to focus on their mission. As the fastest growing cloud-managed networking team in the world, our products and technology architecture are changing the face of enterprise networking and making cloud-managed IT a reality.
The Meraki team is seeking an expert Java Developer to join our team in London. We are taking orders 24/7 and shipping them all over the world. The tiniest hitch in that process can cost us an incalculable amount in dollars and lost hours. That’s where you come in.
You’ll be joining the existing development team to improve, develop, and maintain the processes that form Meraki’s backbone. We expect your tool kit to be diverse: customising Middleware or creating your own solutions in Rails as appropriate, with a ton of Java as the keystone integrating our various systems.
What You Will Do:
- Integrating our ERP system with warehouses’ systems using Java
- Create an automated routing guide that allows the system to determine shipping features based on customer-selected criteria using Java
- Optimising operational processes using WebMethods BPMS, Java, and scripting languages
- Using Rails to customize order entry interface, improving order flow and reducing order processing time
- Allowing users to gain more insight into business performance by enhancing the data warehouse
- Automate, streamline, and improve existing processes to allow Operations to do more with less
Requirements and Qualifications:
- BS in Computer Science or related discipline
- 5+ years programming experience with Java. Ruby experience is a plus. Considerable PERL experience considered in lieu of some Java experience
- Professional experience with large scale ERP systems a huge plus – we use Great Plains
- Solid experience with integration software – we use webMethods
- Facility with application APIs – Salesforce, SOAP, REST, etc.
- Prior experience with architecting business solutions using knowledge of Middleware, databases, and scripting languages
- Proficiency in SQL and XML sufficient to maintain a pre-existing database
Great to Have:
- Sysadmin and performance tuning skills
- Passion for improving existing home-brewed tools and programs to make life easier for everyone
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
At Cisco Meraki, we don't just accept difference - it's one of our key values. Everybody In means we listen to each other's opinions. Everybody is accepted and valued here, and we are a team that works as one towards our goals. We recognize that diverse teams make the strongest teams, and we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply
Back to top