Technical Marketing Engineer - Secure SD-WAN
- San Francisco, CA
The Cisco Meraki Product Management team is seeking a driven Technical Marketing Engineer to join the Secure SD-WAN (MX) product team.The MX product line is one of the fastest growing product lines in the industry. Your mission will be to help make Meraki one of the leading and best-selling secure SD-WAN solutions in the world by expanding our virtualization footprint. MX Secure SD-WAN appliances are used by hundreds of thousands of customers worldwide and are deployed in over a million locations.
In this position, you will exhibit excellent technical knowledge, communication/presentation skills, and a real passion for learning about and evangelizing cloud-driven networking technology. Your focus will be around virtualization networking technologies, including public cloud, private cloud, Network Function Virtualization and so on.
You would help assess the requirements that must be addressed in the different markets, the ways that our customers would use the product, the tools they would need, etc
You will serve as the source of knowledge and key advisor for internal teams like technical support, sales and marketing and external partners like customers, resellers, and Cisco partners. Meraki is changing the way the industry thinks about networking, and you will lead the charge to continue the evolution. Every single day is truly unlike the one before.
As a critical member of the product team, your responsibilities include:
- Serving as the virtualization (public cloud, private cloud, NFV) subject matter expert and key technical advisor for internal and external team
- Serving as the security and SD-WAN virtualization guru, a key technical advisor, on the product, and its current and future capabilities
- Producing technical guides, best practices documents, application notes, and configuration and installation content for internal and external use
- Preparing and presenting content to partners, customers, and executives
- Working with engineering teams through design, testing, and product launch; running beta and pilot programs
- Investigating and articulating our competitive positioning and strategy
- Working with ecosystem partners to validate interoperation and successful solution development
- Raising technical awareness of our products amongst our support, sales, and partner teams
What we're looking for:
- Deep understanding and familiarity with virtualization technologies (eg. various public cloud marketplaces, hypervisor technologies, vCPE/uCPE..etc), and applications with networking appliances
- Hands on experience in supporting, selling, or using network virtualization technologies
- Hands-on experience and demonstrated experience with one of the main virtualization platforms through an industry certification is a must (e.g. VCP certification)
- Strong user empathy with a deep desire to understand top customer problems
- Easily communicate complicated concepts to non-technical folks
- Entrepreneurial, can-do attitude with a strong sense of product quality
- Love solving technical problems in creative ways
- Experience with cloud & hybrid technologies such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, VMWare, and Containers
- Specifically the concepts of SASE, transit gateways and so on
- Experience with scripting or querying languages such as Python and SQL
- Degree in CS, EE, or a related technical field
- CCNA/CCNP/CCIE routing/switching/security certifications
- Experience in application engineering, technical support, product testing, or QA
- Passion for learning about networking, cloud, and emerging disruptive technologies
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top