Technical Marketing Engineer - New Products
The Cisco Meraki Product Management (PM) team is seeking a highly motivated and creative Technical Marketing Engineer (TME) for a new, un-released product family.
This is a unique opportunity to join a product family at the start of the journey. A journey where you enjoy the benefit of Meraki’s agile startup culture, while gaining the scale and resources of a global corporation such as Cisco.
Within the product management team, TMEs provide the technical backbone and are instrumental to the overall functionality, and success of each product. As the most trusted advisor to the product manager, the TME is fundamental to a product's success. They partner directly with engineering and act as the bridge between numerous different departments.
Day-to-day, you will be responsible for a variety of activities, from funneling customer feedback into product design documents and collaborating with engineering on the resulting features, to investigating bugs and working with our global silicon vendors on solutions.
The product management team is comprised of individuals with a broad and diverse skill set. This is essential, as in this role you will be working with every department at Meraki. Your ability to tailor a complex technical message to a diverse audience will be critical. In one day you could be talking to hardware engineers, UX designers, lawyers, and sales people.
With speed and agility being important attributes of Meraki, teams are small with individuals capable of outsized impact. What you do matters, and with your team consisting of just a handful of people, you will see the outcome of your actions every day.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
You will be involved in everything. Your mission is to work out what will make the difference at any given time when there isn’t time to do everything.
- Taking product concepts from nothing to something.
- Delivering on the ideas of Minimally Viable Product (MVP) development.
- Executing with the hunger of a small company seeking their next round of funding.
- Partnering directly with the product manager.
- Working with every department at the company.
- Becoming an industry expert in your field.
Requirements for this role:
- Experience working with a variety of people and groups within an organization (internal/external customer support, channel partners, sales or systems engineering)
- Minimum 2 years industry experience (IT administration, technical marketing/sales/support, or similar)
- Fundamental understanding of, and hands-on experience with network technologies like DHCP, DNS, network topologies, etc.
Bonus points for:
- A BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related technical field
- A curious nature and desire to tinker: you want to pull things apart to see how they work
- Love of new and emerging technologies
- Being able to distill complicated ideas to just the right number of words
- Experienced with technical writing and querying data using tools such as Salesforce/SQL
We know that technology can connect, empower, and drive us. Our mission is to simplify technology so our customers can focus on what's most meaningful to them: their students, patients, customers, and businesses. We’re making networking easier, faster, and smarter with technology that simply works.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top