Technical Leader, Platform Engineer
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect, empower, and drive us. Our mission is to simplify technology so our customers can focus on what's most meaningful to them: their students, patients, customers, and businesses. We’re making networking easier, faster, and smarter with technology that simply works. Platform Bring-up Engineers take the lead in building new prototype hardware by integrating bootloader, vendor board support packages and device drivers. Our device firmware is built on Linux and open-source software. We work individually and in small teams to release several new MR products each year.
As a Technical Leader, you will focus on the following:
- Define next generation architecture, mentor junior engineers and delegate development to others where required
- Own projects from block-diagram concepts, to prototype boards that don’t boot, all the way to shipping produ
- Collaborate with Product Management, Quality Assurance teams and Manufacturing Partners to develop secure, reliable, and scalable manufacturing processes
- Collaborate with Hardware Engineering team on vendor/chipset selection and influence high-level architecture for new Meraki products
- Develop, port, and debug Linux device drivers
- Collaborate with other Engineers across product teams to continually improve our firmware design, development, and deployment practices
- Be a part of the leadership of the larger MR team: weighing in on development priorities, projects going on across the team, etc.
You are an ideal candidate if you:
- BS/MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Have 5+ years advanced programming skills in C and/or C++ for operating system kernel & systems development
- Have strong systems and networking foundational knowledge (systems architecture, memory hierarchy, storage subsystems, LANs, routing)
- Have expert knowledge of embedded systems development concepts, including cross-platform development and build tools (GNU toolchain, OpenWRT, buildroot, Yocto), bootloader (U-Boot, coreboot, UEFI), kernel configuration, device drivers, device trees.
- Know common bus protocols like I2C, SPI, PCIe, USB and MDIO.
- Are comfortable using network protocol analyzers, logic analyzers, hardware debuggers, and source-level debuggers to solve problems at all layers of the stack
- Have experience reading schematics and data sheets
Bonus points for:
- Knowledge of wireless protocols (e.g., 802.11, Bluetooth, Zigbee, Thread)
Meraki is headquartered in the Mission Bay area of San Francisco, with beautiful views of the Oracle Ballpark and the Bay beyond. There are also locations in San Jose, Chicago, and Austin. All locations offer a generous benefits package.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Back to top