Solutions Marketing Manager
- San Francisco, CA
Technology can connect us, empower us, and drive us. At Cisco Meraki, we believe that by simplifying powerful technology, we can free passionate people to focus on their mission. Do you share our belief?
Founded in 2006, Meraki has grown to become an industry leader in the IT space, with over 450,000 customers and 5 million network devices and counting online around the world. Our comprehensive set of products include wireless, switching, security, UTM, and security cameras, all managed through Meraki’s web-based dashboard interface and extensible through APIs and an ecosystem of technology partners. This incredible foundation is what you will use to build solution positioning, content and assets, enablement and other materials to address audience specific pain points.
Meraki is looking for an experienced Solutions Marketing Manager to support a rapidly growing Meraki business! Instead of looking at point products, do you like to take a broader view of product or multi-domain portfolios in the context of target audiences? Do you have a knack for simplifying sophisticated technologies, product portfolios and software into value statements and business benefits? Are you excited by understanding customer issues, determining a solution and helping scale your impact across global audiences? Demonstrate your leadership by aligning your storytelling expertise across various Cisco business units, Sales teams and Channel partners. If you’re an extraordinary teammate ready to join an exciting, collaborative and fast moving culture that instigates change and embraces all voices, come join us!
As a part of the Solutions Marketing team you will collaborate with Audience and Product Marketing to develop strategies, develop marketing assets, competitive analysis, present to customers and partners in conjunction with Meraki sales teams, tell stories about customer success and help build a fast-growing global marketing team.
This role is based in the SFO office and will support global teams, as such, up to 25% travel is envisioned.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Become a specialist in all things related to the Meraki software platform, our systems portfolio, API marketplace and cloud management and how it threads through the entire marketing process
- Develop thorough, solution level expertise in the Meraki portfolio specializing in platform (Cloud, APIs, Dashboard, analytics), Security, wireless / Wi-Fi networking, remote work, healthcare or other target area solutions
- Lead marketing competitive analysis and develop clear differentiated value based at the platform and solution level
- Distill and communicate complex information for Sales, Marketing, Partners and customers
- Work with product marketing, audience marketing and Market Strategy leaders to craft messaging for the Meraki portfolio
- Deliver business, technical and operational feedback to stakeholders
- Be a trusted platform positioning and solution advisor to the wider marketing team to conceptualize and collaborate on marketing campaigns
- Develop thoughtful, customer / market oriented content for campaigns
- Evangelize the Cisco Meraki vision at industry events
- Drive and build in-depth solution collateral and tools targeting the needs of industries and organizations around the world
- Develop content targeting Business Decision Makers, IT architects, industry organizations using a variety of marketing tactics (e.g. blogs, articles, etc.)
WHO YOU ARE:
- 7+ years of proven experience in the networking space gained through Product Marketing, Solution marketing or Technical Sales
- Understand the in-depth business, technical and operational practices of global IT, Public Sector, Commercial and Small to Mid-Size Businesses
- Strong ability to translate technical features into differentiated value and business benefits to all types of audiences
- Excellent communicator, creative problem solver, risk-taker, innovative thinker, consensus builder
- Comfortable collaborating in an Agile Marketing environment
- Bachelor's Degree required, MBA or Masters Degree a plus!
- Experience working in the networking industry in a requirement
- Up to 25% travel required
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Back to top