For the past 10 years, Meraki has had a singular focus on making IT simple yet powerful. However, a key part of an IT team's toolbox is making networks intuitive to setup and handle. Crucial to achieving this goal is simplifying the world of mobile device management as our world becomes an increasingly mobile place. Our Systems Manager development team is dedicated to achieving this simplicity by streamlining the control of devices at an enterprise level. We work as a small and lean team, and wear many hats!
Meraki’s engineering culture is one of innovation and ownership. You will have a strong hand in not just building the technology, but also defining what we should be building. As an Android engineer you will work on building apps that facilitate management, inventory, and policy enforcement on both company and personally owned Android devices. These apps have both user facing features and background services to talk to the Meraki cloud, so you will have the opportunity to work anywhere from pixel perfect front ends to backend algorithms. Your work will run on hundreds of thousands of devices and you will have the ownership to impact customers who touch this tool on a global level.
Meraki believes that the quality of our product is dependent on the quality of our engineers. We place a high value on nurturing the growth and development of everyone on our team. We foster an open and supportive workplace where everybody is given the opportunity to succeed.
Example projects of an Android engineer:
- Integrate new device management features within annual OS version releases
- Design monitoring features that integrate with other Meraki products
- Collaborate with UX designers and analyze user feedback to craft solutions and workflows that will impact our customers
- Build internal frameworks and pipelines to enhance developer productivity
You are an ideal candidate if you have:
- 2+ years of experience writing professional production code
- 1+ years of experience of native Android development
- Experience with automation/testing frameworks and methodologies (ex: Appium, Cypress, JUnit, Roboelectric)
- Experience shipping at least one Android app that is currently available on the Google Play Store (please provide links when applying)
- Thrive within a small engineering team and are excited to tackle open-ended problems
- Have a hunger for knowledge and love the idea of learning new technologies, frameworks, and systems outside your area of expertise
Bonus points for experience with the following:
- Experience developing in Kotlin
- Experience developing MDM / Android Enterprise apps
- Experience with continuous integrations systems (ex: GitLab Pipeline, Jenkins, TeamCity)
- Experience with web development using a modern framework (ex: Ruby on Rails, Django, Node JS, React, Angular)
- Experience with iOS development
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case-by-case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.:
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.