At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect, empower, and drive us. Our mission is to simplify technology so our customers can focus on what's most meaningful to them: their students, patients, customers, and businesses. We’re making networking easier, faster, and smarter with technology that simply works.
Meraki MS is an enterprise-grade line of network switches that are entirely managed from the cloud. Our mission is to bring Meraki simplicity to the network switching market, leaving our users delighted with ease of install and with our robust monitoring to tackle problems and answer questions about their networks. We are looking for a test automation engineer who is as passionate about quality as we are. Your contributions will have a direct impact on the success of our team’s mission, not to mention our customers’ lives.
We encourage you to drop us a line even if you don’t have all the points below. That's a lot of different areas of responsibility! We will help you pick them up because we believe that great teams come from a diverse set of backgrounds.
What you will do:
As a member of our Firmware Test Automation team, you will rise to this challenge, partnering closely with firmware developers to deliver an outstanding experience for the users who depend on our product every day for safety, security, and business intelligence. You will work on upcoming and current devices, crafting imaginative automated simulations of the real-world environments and scenarios in which they are deployed.
At your disposal will be a full suite of cameras, equipped with powerful (and ethical) computer vision technology based on machine learning, with a passionate, supportive, personal-growth oriented team by your side.
- Complete new product testbed operations to test products and software before market launch.
- Develop and execute test plans for new features before they ship to customers.
- Collaborate with our firmware engineers to implement test cases, understand test results, reproduce and investigate bugs.
- Work with third-party vendors to test bug fixes and new driver patches.
- Manually reproduce problems discovered during automated testbed operations and work directly with firmware engineers to investigate them.
- Partner with automation engineers to scale, improve and maintain testbed operations.
You are an ideal candidate if you have:
- 3+ years of coding/scripting experience with either Ruby or Python.
- 4+ years of software test and/or QA experience.
- Expertise in configuring and debugging networking equipment and protocols, especially switching.
- Expert knowledge of end-to-end testing of physical embedded devices.
- Experience with creating and carrying out system-level test plans.
- Experience in analyzing system-level test results and identifying red flags within a test.
- Experience with configuring and monitoring Linux systems using command line tools and utilities.
- Effective communication skills and proven track record of collaboration with others.
- A passion for quality, an appetite for learning about software and systems, and an interest in breaking things to learn how to make them better.
- A technical degree or equivalent experience with a great foundation in the basics of computer networking.
Bonus points for:
- Experience with hardware test tools such as Ixia.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.: When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire salaries in U.S. locations. For non-sales roles, the hiring ranges reflect base salary and do not include bonuses, equity, or benefits. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive target, and do not include equity or benefits. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.