Senior Systems Software Engineer, MS
Meraki Software Engineers breathe life into our cloud-managed network-attached devices, which include switches, routers, wireless access, and security cameras. We use real-time telemetry from thousands of deployed networks spanning the globe to continuously improve the performance and stability of our products. We are passionate about building real products that our customers love.
As a Senior Systems Software Engineer, this person will be developing and supporting software that breathes life into our MS product line. Initially, this role will focus on delivering fixes for regressions, improving debuggability, and eliminating technical debt and code smells. All of which are key to accelerating the release of bringing up new products to customers. As you mature in your knowledge of our codebase, you will be responsible for improving and re-architecting existing components and subsystems, as well as bringing up new products and features to support the growth of MS, both in terms of functionality, simplicity, scalability, and availability. Our projects are driven by technological innovation and developer creativity in addition to market demands, giving you the structure and freedom to pursue projects you are most passionate about. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work across teams to craft systems that enable us to tackle complex problems for our customers. With millions of people using Meraki products around the world, your work will have a significant impact from the day it is deployed.
You are an ideal candidate if you have:
- Fluency in C or C++
- Experience with an object-oriented programming paradigm
- Experience in system design and architecture
- Experience with application hosting environments and containerization (Docker, LXC)
- Experience with IPC/RPC communication mechanisms
- 3+ years experience in a production software engineering environment
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills
- Experience developing and troubleshooting in a Linux environment
- Experience working with and writing concurrent programs
- Understanding of OS fundamentals and experience working in both kernel and user-space
- Good networking foundational knowledge (LANs, routing, switching, wireless)
- A focused, organized approach to development, testing, and quality
- Scripting skills in Ruby or Python
Bonus points for:
- Experience developing and implementing core network protocols (TCP, IP, DNS, DHCP, ARP)
- Experience building cloud-based infrastructure and services (e.g. web applications)
- Understanding of network security fundamentals
- Experience with build systems (Yocto, OpenWRT)
Meraki is headquartered in the Mission Bay area of San Francisco, with beautiful views of the Oracle Ballpark and the Bay beyond. There are also locations in San Jose, Chicago, and Austin. All locations offer a generous benefits package.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Back to top