Senior Software Engineer, Developer Tools
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect, empower, and drive us. Our mission is to simplify technology so our customers can focus on what's most meaningful to them: their students, patients, customers, and businesses. We’re making networking easier, faster, and smarter with technology that simply works.
The Developer Tools team at Meraki engineers tools, automation and processes that facilitate developers’ efficiency. We support the entire software development lifecycle (SDLC), including core developer tools and environments, build tools, code review, identity management, source version control, artifact management, CI/CD pipelines, education, and documentation. Our customers are all engineers at Meraki.
We believe tools magnify our impact, multiply our collaboration, and free us to move fast. We take pride in creating a simple and powerful environment where engineers can easily, safely, and confidently experiment on and build great products. We are passionate about building automated tools and extensible frameworks that facilitate the entire development and release lifecycle.
As a Software Engineer on the Developer Tools team you will be implementing build automation, packaging and containerization solutions, end-to-end CI/CD pipeline for automatic deployment and release to both cloud and on-premise platform for all products.
Reliability, performance and developer experience are critical factors to our CI/CD pipelines which you will help monitor, operate, and improve.
- Write software, implement tools and processes to continuously improve our build and delivery velocity, reliability and efficiency.
- Identify and drive opportunities to improve software delivery for the company.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to allow them to maximize their ability to build, test and deploy software.
YOU ARE AN IDEAL CANDIDATE IF YOU:
- Have 6+ years of production experience with one of these or similar languages: Go/Python/Scala/Java/Ruby
- Experience deploying applications via Docker and containers
- Experience with modern Unix/Linux operating systems/distributions.
- Experience in automating release, continuous integration/deployment system, and relevant tools (e.g. Git, Gitlab, Github, Jenkins, Packer, Nexus, Artifactory, Terraform, Puppet, Ansible, Travis CI, etc)
- Ability to quickly learn new and existing technologies
- A deep passion for DevOps and automation
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Back to top