Senior Software Engineer - Big Data
- San Francisco, CA
Cisco Meraki is revolutionizing the way IT administrators manage their infrastructure by providing simple and secure cloud-managed solutions. With a large install base of customers and rich, multi-dimensional data sets, the potential for data analytics to improve business performance for both our customers and our own business is enormous.
We are looking for a Senior Big Data Engineer to join our Strategy & Analytics team in San Francisco. The Strategy & Analytics department is a growing group that works closely with executives and leaders across the company to support the development of and alignment on our business strategy. As part of this team, you will develop cross-functional relationships and work closely with multiple engineering and product teams to drive near- and longer-term initiatives to improve our product, and customer experience. This would be an outstanding fit for a hand-on technical professional who is a self-starter, has the ability to work autonomously, can drive technical collaborations and mentor other team members on Big Data technology stack.
What will you do:
- Design and develop workflows to migrate legacy workloads to a cloud platform
- Interact with our Engineering and Infrastructure teams to ensure production stability
- Ensure automation through CI/CD across platforms, both on-premises and cloud
- Understand and lead the effort to expand on existing design, processes, standards and reusable components from various engineering functions to reduce complexity and ensure quality and performance.
- Ability to recommend open source technologies and integrate into design
- Partner with multiple team members from engineering, infrastructure and data science to develop big data pipelines on hybrid platform.
- Provide guidance on data onboarding and integration efforts from various sources
What skills you possess:
- Minimum 3 - 5 years of strong hands-on experience in big data implementations
- Experience designing and developing data processing frameworks and tools, such as Kafka Streaming, Spark, Hadoop etc
- Advance knowledge building microservices on top of streaming architecture
- Strong programming skills in Python and Scala/Java
- Familiarity with one of the core cloud provider services, preferably AWS
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- BS or MS in Computer Science / related technical field or equivalent combination of graduate degree and work experience
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Working knowledge of Ruby is nice to have but not needed
Who you are:
- You demonstrate technical acumen in your work
- You have a real passion for complex data/engineering challenges
- You have the ability to keep track of multiple competing priorities without losing details
- Ability to communicate ideas and solutions to both technical and non-technical audiences
- You are eager to take ownership of projects and technical initiatives
- You remain curious and desire for continuous learning
Are you wondering what it is like to work at Cisco Meraki? Picture a breathtaking office, healthy catered meals, fully stocked kitchens, onsite gym and paid time off to volunteer. Meraki Cisco has crafted an amazing equal opportunity focused office where employees thrive. With that said, we are confident you will love it here. Check out more of our benefits on our job page, at https://meraki.cisco.com/jobs, and we look forward to talking with you soon.
Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Back to top