Senior Site Reliability Engineer, Engineering Efficiency
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect, empower, and drive us. Our mission is to simplify technology so our customers can focus on what's most meaningful to them: their students, patients, customers, and businesses. We’re making networking easier, faster, and smarter with technology that simply works.
The Developer Tools team at Meraki engineers tools, automation and processes that facilitate developers’ efficiency. We support the entire software development lifecycle (SDLC), including core developer tools and environments, build tools, code review, identity management, source version control, artifact management, CI/CD pipelines, education, and documentation. Our customers are all engineers at Meraki.
We believe tools magnify our impact, multiply our collaboration, and free us to move fast. We take pride in creating a simple and powerful environment where engineers can easily, safely, and confidently experiment on and build great products. We are passionate about building automated tools and extensible frameworks that facilitate the entire development and release lifecycle.
As a Senior Site Reliability Engineer on the Developer Tools team you will be designing and implementing build automation, packaging and containerization solutions, end-to-end CI/CD pipeline for automatic deployment and release to both cloud and on-premise platform for all products.
Reliability, performance and developer experience are critical factors to our CI/CD pipelines which you will help monitor, operate, and improve.
As SREs at Meraki we are responsible for building and scaling the cloud that supports millions of Meraki devices across the world. Meraki’s customer base has grown by a factor of 2-3 every year, serving more than 4 billion HTTP requests per day across eight datacentres. Our customers depend on our products to run their critical infrastructure of network switches, security appliances, wireless APs and security cameras. We embrace the *nix way, automate away tedious tasks and build infrastructure as code.
- Architect, design and implement tools and processes to continuously improve our build and delivery velocity, reliability and efficiency.
- Engage with users to become a trusted evangelist to drive the evolution of tools and processes we own.
- Define standardized best practices to champion great engineering culture across the company.
- Collaborate with a team of engineers to test your ideas and understand the system, with an emphasis on mentoring and elevating junior team members.
- Identify and drive opportunities to improve automation for the company.
- Practice sustainable incident response (on call rotation) and blameless postmortems
You are an ideal candidate if you:
- Have 4+ years of experience designing, deploying and operating mid to large scale enterprise or cloud environments.
- Have 7+ years of experience scripting or coding with languages like Ruby, Scala, Python, or Bash.
- Highly proficient with modern Unix/Linux operating systems/distributions.
- Experience with Access and Identity Management (Okta, Kerbero etc)
- Expertise in automating release, continuous integration/deployment system, and relevant tools (e.g. Git, Gitlab, Github, Jenkins, Packer, Nexus, Artifactory, Terraform, Puppet, Ansible, Travis CI, etc)
- You have a deep understanding of systems and application design, including the operational trade-offs of various designs.
- You are adaptable, solutions oriented, and work very well in a team setting. You possess excellent written and social communication, and documentation skills.
- You are able to prioritize tasks, work independently, and call out exceptions effectively.
- Extra point for experience with multi cloud environments (AWS and GCP)
Keywords: Site Reliability Engineering, Developer Tools, Developer Efficiency, Software Engineering, Jenkins, Artifactory, Terraform
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Back to top