The Cisco Meraki team is seeking a Product Manager with a SaaS and Software background to focus on bringing the Meraki Switching experience to Catalyst. There’s substantial potential in joining Meraki’s operational simplicity with the ground-breaking capabilities that exist in Catalyst, but where do we focus next? Which user problems do we solve first that result in the greatest benefit to customers and by extension our business? How do we maintain the intuitive user experience that Meraki is known for while enabling progressive solutions for Cisco’s largest customer base?
In this role, you will responsible for building the strategy and roadmap, while accomplishing these tasks with our outstanding engineering, design, and go-to-market teams. The key to your success is a strong desire and ability to work across teams at Meraki to create the vision and build consensus behind it. You’ll be part of a small, new, core team entirely focused on this mission, but closely aligned to the rest of the Meraki Switching product teams that develop individual features, as well as our Catalyst product and engineering groups.
- Passionate about the customer experience; the product is nothing without happy customers that enjoy using the product every day.
- You have a bias towards action. Data matters, but perfectionism is your worst enemy. Better to experiment quickly than wait!
- You work with your business partners to understand our users, prioritize requirements, and become intimately familiar with the archetypal users of the product to steer your decisions and strategy.
- Use your market and customer knowledge to guide our team in defining and implementing a multi-year roadmap.
- Owning the responsibility for everything related to this part of the business, and its success.
- Intimate familiarity with the Meraki and Catalyst solutions, features, and values is strongly preferred.
- The ability to use data to prove or disprove possible product directions.
- Customer empathy, but with the critical thinking needed to ask complicated questions.
- Demonstrated experience in solutions and selling in both a SaaS and on-premise delivery model; ideally 3-5 years experience in Product Management or equivalent experience.
- BA/BS in CS, EE is excellent
If you think you have the practical experience to do the job, let’s talk!
- We are an inclusive, distributed team with US headquarters in San Francisco and Chicago. Remote is OK, and we strive to bring the team together once per quarter
- Full technology setup, so you can do your best work from home
- Option for company mobile device
- Excellent medical, dental, 401k, and employee stock purchase options along with generous PTO
- Lots more as summarized on https://meraki.cisco.com/careers/
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.:
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.