Senior Data Analyst
- San Francisco, CA
Cisco Meraki is revolutionizing the way IT administrators manage their infrastructure by providing simple and secure cloud-managed solutions. With a large install base of customers and rich, multi-dimensional data sets, the potential for data analytics to improve business performance for both our customers and our own business is enormous.
The Strategy & Data Science department is a growing group that works closely with executives and leaders across the company to support the development of and alignment on our business strategy. As a Senior Data Analyst in this group, you will develop cross-functional relationships and use rigorous quantitative methods and product data to drive near- and longer-term impact. This would be an outstanding fit for someone who would enjoy building dashboards and conducting ad hoc analyses for priority Meraki leadership asks and joint Cisco/Meraki product and customer analysis.
What will you do:
- Conduct ad hoc analysis to support decision-making
- Design dashboards that can track our business performance
- Lead key, cross-functional analytical projects, identifying and bringing together stakeholders, building project plans, developing joint analytical approaches, and executing against the project
- Define key metrics to help track our business performance and the customer experience
- Partner with data infrastructure team to provide mentorship on Cisco data integration efforts
- Provide thought leadership and direction for analysts across the organization on how to use and understand Cisco data sources
What skills you possess:
- Strong SQL skills
- Outstanding critical thinking and problem-solving ability
- 5+ years of experience in an analytical role or equivalent combination of graduate degree and work experience
- 2+ years of hands-on experience on AWS platform and analytics tools.
- BS degree, such as economics, mathematics, statistics or engineering
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Self-starter and ability to work autonomously
Who you are:
- You have a real passion for analytics and desire for continuous learning
- You have strong organizational skills; able to keep track of multiple challenging priorities without losing details
- Ability to communicate the results of analysis
- You are eager to take ownership of projects
- You remain curious and hungry to understand all the components of your work
Are you wondering what it is like to work at Cisco Meraki? Picture a breathtaking office, healthy catered meals, fully stocked kitchens, onsite gym and paid time off to volunteer. Meraki Cisco has crafted an amazing equal opportunity focused office where employees thrive. With that said, we are confident you will love it here. Check out more of our benefits on our job page, at https://meraki.cisco.com/jobs, and we look forward to talking with you soon.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Back to top