Senior Backend Engineer, MR Insight (Wireless)
- San Francisco, CA
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect, empower, and drive us. Our mission is to simplify technology so our customers can focus on what's most meaningful to them: their students, patients, customers, and businesses. We’re making networking easier, faster, and smarter with technology that simply works.
Meraki is seeking a backend engineer to build a next generation cloud-based analytics platform to troubleshoot wireless performance and connectivity issues in enterprise environments. Meraki's cloud-managed model offers a unique opportunity to draw upon data from hundreds of thousands of networks and millions of access points deployed across our wide ranging customer base. The goal is to leverage the rich telemetry data available from these devices and combine it with the power of machine learning and the cloud to build an analytics engine that can provide intuitive, yet detailed insights into the performance issues across our customer networks. Given the scale of Meraki’s deployment, this provides a unique engineering opportunity to build an impactful solution that can help enhance our customer experience at large. We are seeking a lead backend engineer that will help us design, build, and maintain an infrastructure that is resilient, responsive, and scales to meet our ever growing data ingestion requirements.
- Build fault tolerant, elastic and highly responsive data infrastructure that powers real-time data processing of billions of records daily.
- Architect these pipelines in ways that make efficient data analysis possible.
- Ensure persistent and optimal time-series data storage on S3 for machine learning modeling.
- Work with the data scientists and engineers on the team to deploy machine learning models in production.
- Design and develop APIs for the front-end and Meraki’s customers to support the analytics platform.
- Ship production-quality software in a dynamic environment.
- 4+ years of relevant experience.
- BS/MS or Ph.D. in Computer Science or a related field.
- Experience designing, implementing and debugging distributed systems that run across thousands of nodes.
- Experience working with and building a real-time compute and streaming infrastructure (Kafka, Flink, Storm, Spark, etc).
- Experience with critical production systems like Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Expertise in object-oriented and/or functional programming languages (e.g. Scala, C++, Ruby, Go).
- Experience working with distributed computing engines like Apache Spark, etc. and real time data streaming services like Amazon Kinesis.
- Strong understanding of SQL, including experience working with one or more relational databases (e.g., PostgreSQL or MySQL).
- Experience using data processing and ML libraries such as Pandas, Scikit-Learn, Tensorflow, Keras, etc.
- Experience with Ruby on rails.
- Personal projects or contributions to open-source projects.
- Experience with containerization related management stacks like Swarm, Kubernetes.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Back to top