Product Sales Specialist - Japan
- Tokyo, Japan
Product Sales Specialist
Want to be at the forefront of the Computer Networking industry? With the acquisition of Meraki, Cisco formed the Cloud Networking Group and together we built the fastest growing group within the company. Quickly becoming known as the most successful acquisition in Cisco’s history, we are exceeding our sales targets and continuing to win new logos, and we are looking for a top-producing salesperson to join our team! With over 190,000 customers and one million active networks and counting around the world, our comprehensive set of solutions allows customers to seize new business opportunities and reduce operational costs.
What do we do? We create 100% cloud managed IT that simplyworks.
As a Product Sales Specialist at Meraki, you will be responsible for driving Cisco Meraki revenue in Japan. You will ideally be based from your home office in Tokyo with frequent travel to local Cisco offices and customer sites. Through prospecting, finding opportunities, and collaborating with Cisco account teams and partners, you will drive deals through close, delivering on and exceeding your quarterly quota. Your success will be dependent not only on your ability to sell, but also on the relationships you develop with all involved in the business. This is a high-energy position requiring an individual to be deeply motivated and results-driven with a hunter mentality; it will also require someone who is equally comfortable working in a strategic and tactical capacity.
- Develop a predictable pipeline of short, mid, and long-term business for our corporate customers
- Practice consultative selling to tackle business problems
- You will ask the right questions and establish relationships
- Close deals and consistently remain highly competitive in the market space
- Work in highly collaborative environments to team with Cisco Account Managers, Sales Engineers, Marketing, and Channel Partners in Japan to drive revenue and contribute to impressive YoY growth rates
- Help to exceed customer expectations by identifying impactful user cases that enable people to transform their businesses with Meraki solutions
- Maintain and lead detailed and accurate quarterly forecasting
- Evangelize your customers and ecosystem around you on the concept of cloud-managed networking for digital business
- Empower and build extended teams around you to unlock the power of Cisco’s Sales organization, customer base and partner organization
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 5+ years technology sales experience with at least 3 years proven success in a field sales capacity
- Proficiency in Japanese and conversational level in English
- Consistent track record of shown success
- Outstanding relationship building skills and validated decision-making ability
- The ability to travel if needed
- An ability to learn, a real passion for customer delight, and a desire to have an absolute blast while improving the lives of others
- Open and Trustworthy – you think the best of those around you, ask questions to confirm this and avoid jumping to conclusions. You treat others with respect.
- Self-aware – you understand how others perceive you, and have the ability to understand a situation from the perspective of others.
- Results Oriented – you identify areas where we can improve as a team, and raise and address them directly.
- Accountable – you take ownership of yourself and your circumstances
- Collaborative - you share early and often to engage those around you
- Passionate on customer satisfaction and consultative selling – you contribute to our mission to exceed customer expectations showing customers the value of cloud-managed networking for their business
“Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.”
Back to top