Network Support Engineer Internship (Networking) - Fall 2020 Chicago
- Chicago, IL
Fall 2020 Interns, Network Support Engineer, Full-Time Interns
At Cisco Meraki, our Network Support Engineer Interns act as key players on the Support team! You will troubleshoot cases that cover the entire Meraki product line, including our wireless access points, security appliances, switches, and Systems Manager application, just like our full-time engineers. With a steep learning curve and a fun, challenging work environment, our interns come out of the program with a deeper understanding of networking, stronger problem-solving skills, and a mastery of customer support that will carry with them for the rest of their careers. Our interns are an integral part of the Support team - we look for smart, passionate individuals who are open to taking on any task and are proactive in helping the team. The position is full-time and located in Chicago.
Perks? We offer paid internships along with free, furnished housing or housing stipend for the duration of your stay in Chicago. Sound like a fit? Great, we'd love to talk to you!
- Research and resolve issues reported by Meraki customers and partners
- Identify issues suitable for entry in the Meraki Knowledge Base
- Write, review, and release KB articles
- Assist with lab testing work as needed for Meraki products
- Identify, reproduce, and document bugs
- Have a project in mind? Let us know and we'll help to make it happen!
- Must be a Junior or Senior working towards a B.S in Networking and Systems Administration, Computer Information Technology, Network Technologies, Computer Science, or a related discipline from an accredited university - Not accepting Masters students
- Basic understanding of networking fundamentals, e.g. be able to explain the functions of and differences among the link, network, transport, and application layers
- A passion to assist and problem-solve with our customers
- Outstanding account management, follow-through, and problem-solving skills
- Resourcefulness and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Back to top