Network Support Engineer, Future Consideration
- Tokyo, Japan
As a Network Support Engineer, you will be responsible for providing quality technical support for our growing client and partner base. You will diagnose problems and seek for the entire Meraki product line, including our wireless access points, security appliances, and switches. Our support engineers are foremost problem-solvers passionate about networking, and we seek hardworking, enthusiastic and tech-savvy individuals to build upon our rapidly growing Technical Support group. Our customer-facing role will expose you to a diverse group of teams within - including Engineering, Product Management, and Sales - providing endless opportunity a lively career growth in a lively, meaningful, and fast-paced environment.
Characteristics of success in this role include previous experience in supporting or testing LANs, VLANs, VPNs, NAT devices, or DHCP servers; experience installing and fixing WiFi networks; and having the ability to multi-task and work under stress. We're looking for people who take pride in doing excellent work, and can both teach and learn from those around them.
- Effectively connect with third parties such as partners and customers regarding technical issues and customer service inquiries, both orally and in writing.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot wireless, security, switching, and other various network-related issues reported by Cisco Meraki customers and partners.
- Own each customer case from initial creation to resolution.
- Collaborate with other support team members to fix network outages, misconfigurations, and sophisticated networking issues on customers' devices.
- Read and analyze packet captures using Wireshark.
- Work with engineering and management to diagnose and resolve critical, escalated issues.
- Use acquired knowledge to suggest, edit, and write in-depth Knowledge Base articles.
- Stay up to date on Meraki features and technology by attending lunch and learns, participating in engineering and product team communication, and keeping up with enterprise and cloud networking trends.
- Work hours subject to change according to business and interpersonal goals
- Understanding of and hands-on experience with network technologies including firewalls, content filters, routing/switching, VLANs, and 802.11a/b/g/n/ac wireless.
- Understanding of networking protocols including TCP, STP, ARP, Ethernet, OSPF, etc.
- Experience supporting or testing LANs, VLANs, WLANs, VPNs, NAT devices, &/or DHCP servers.
- Native/Fluent Japanese / English language written and verbal interpersonal skills. TOEIC 800 level.
- Ability to clearly and concisely explain matters to third parties.
- Interest and desire be in a Customer Service role.
- Account management, follow-through, and attention to detail.
- Experience in computer networking related problem solving, critical thinking, and troubleshooting.
- Ability to multitask on changing priorities.
- Working towards or have a bachelor's degree in Computer Information Technology, Information and Computer Technology, Networking and IT Security, or a related subject area from a university. Complete degree vital to begin work.
- Networking certifications a plus but not required: CCNA, CCNP CWNA, etc.
- Must have current and continued right to work in Japan
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Back to top