- San Francisco, CA
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect us, empower us, and drive us. By simplifying powerful technology, we can free passionate people to focus on their mission. As the fastest growing cloud-managed networking team in the world, our products, and technology architecture are changing the face of enterprise networking and making cloud-managed IT a reality.
We are seeking a Materials Manager to join Cisco Meraki’s Supply Chain group. Our team is on a mission to build Agile, Flexible, and Sustainable Supply Chains. In this role, you will ensure continuity of supply and materials in support of Meraki Sales. You will be responsible for materials management and helping drive process improvements across the supply chain.
What You’ll do:
- Responsible for readiness, availability, and visibility of materials necessary to meet production schedules and overall supply/demand goals
- Partner with JDMs and suppliers to develop key Supply Chain/Material processes in support of supply/demand goals
- Drive upside flexibility and create allocation strategies for constrained products that maximize revenue
- Identify E&O and other material risks, recommend a critical course of action, and own efforts to mitigate liabilities to the business
- Perform periodic Supply Chain audits to monitor JDM’s execution and to ensure accuracy of data in use by JDM.
- Prepare and communicate critical materials updates for NPIs, Sustaining and EOL materials
- Develop strong relationships with JDMs and suppliers
- Able to travel up to 20% Internationally
- Extraordinarily clear. You are able to distill complicated ideas to just the right number of words. You are an excellent listener and can pinpoint what compels an audience.
- You are able to work between cross-functional teams, minimize conflict, and advise team members on building consensus.
- You use data and team member inputs to make decisions on prioritization and resource allocation. You set measures for success and are committed to quantifying the impact.
- Fiercely collaborative. You take an organization-level view and are equally invested in the success of other departments. You invite and act on different points of view.
- Protector. You are protective of Meraki’s talent.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s preferably in Supply Chain, Finance, Industrial Engineering or a related field
- 2-3 years of purchasing, supply chain, cost accounting, or material planning experience in consumer electronics or hi-tech manufacturing industry
- Exposure to contract manufacturing/JDM model preferred
- Prefer knowledge of ERP Operating Systems
- Advanced user of Excel, VBA, Python, or similar data visualization tool is required
At Cisco Meraki, we don’t just accept difference – it’s one of our key values. "Everybody In" means we listen to each other’s opinions. Everybody is accepted and valued here, and we are a team that works as one towards our goals. We recognize that diverse teams make the strongest teams, and we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
Meraki is based in the Mission Bay area of San Francisco, with beautiful views of Oracle Ballpark, the Bay and beyond. We are equipped with an onsite gym, multiple kitchens stocked with awesome snacks, a coffee bar, catered lunches daily, and a generous benefits package.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top