Manager of Salesforce Engineering
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect us, empower us, and drive us. By simplifying powerful technology, we can free passionate people to focus on their mission. As the fastest growing cloud-managed networking team in the world, our products and technology architecture are changing the face of enterprise networking and making cloud-managed IT a reality.
Cisco Meraki’s Support group is a growing, global, and diverse team of highly knowledgeable and empathetic customer advisors. We strive to guide our customers to successful outcomes with a mix of strategic thinking and the grit to execute the next best action.
Our San Francisco Support team is looking for a Software Engineering Manager to lead the software team that is creating the next generation of software tools that aim to improve the lives of our best-in-class support team. Your time will be split up as follows; 40% Team Management, 40% Team Development and 20% Professional Development.
- Lead our growing team of developers, software admins, and business intelligence analysts that are focused on features, services, and integrations around Salesforce Service Console’s case and phone ecosystems
- Own the delivery of the project roadmap and directly feel the positive impact that the team’s projects have on our grateful (and technical) users
- A typical work week might consist of:
- Building a high-performing team by mentoring Support Software engineers and ensuring quality across our Agile lifecycle
- Prioritizing, assigning, and monitoring critical software work with the team
- Collaborating closely with our project managers on key deliverables and milestones
- Growing the relationships with our team’s many partners across Business Systems, IT, Strategy, and Support leadership
- Leadership experience with direct reports
- Performance reviews, 1-1s, interviews, goal-setting (OKRs)
- Proven examples of development work spanning teams (Product, UX, Support, Engineering, etc.) to deliver features and/or products
- Salesforce Lightning-based projects are a big plus
- Prior experience with Support or Service organizations is also a plus
- Experience with current software development lifecycles and practices
- Agile-aligned methodologies (Scaled Agile, Kanban, etc.), continuous integration (CI), continuous deployment (CD)
- 7+ years of enterprise development experience in addition to time in the Salesforce stack
- Salesforce Apex experience strongly preferred
- SQL and/or Salesforce SOQL
- Ruby and/or Python
- Relevant Salesforce certifications and/or Trailhead badges
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related technical field
Meraki is based in the Mission Bay area of San Francisco, with beautiful views of the Oracle Ballpark and the Bay beyond. You will have access to an onsite gym, multiple kitchens stocked with high-quality snacks, a coffee bar, catered lunches every single day, and a generous benefits package.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top